Replacing iMac memory

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Mindflux, Oct 26, 2007.

1. Mindflux macrumors 68000

Mindflux

I'm trying to use this guide here:
    http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=306204

According to that I should pull on the black tab to release the memory, however this doesn't seem to be working. I don't want to pull too hard. Has anyone had luck doing this? How did you get the memory out?

2. Nightline macrumors regular

Nightline

I just got my new Imac today. I was scared to do it myself, but a quick little jerk, and the memory pops out of the socket, then use your finger tips to pull it out.

3. Mindflux thread starter macrumors 68000

Mindflux

Yeah I was really wrenching on mine and it was going nowhere. I'm scared I'll rip the tab out along with the memory stick. :(

Nevermind. Gave it a good tug with a cloth to help me get grip and it popped out.

WOO.

4. ctakim macrumors 6502

Having just replaced my iMac memory to upgrade to 4GB, it was a pretty trivial operation. Just follow the videos. However, upgrading the Mac Mini, which I also did recently was a bit more trying. However, all operations were a success!:)

5. Mazda 3 macrumors newbie

Same machine as mine bought Oct 16th. Bought 2 ghz from Crucial and installed it easily,had a little trouble with that little screw (was scared I`d strip it)

The plate fit so tight I didn`t tighten the screw back in.

Easiest memory upgrade I`ve ever done.

6. Nightline macrumors regular

Nightline

Yea, same here, I have to admit, being a MAC newbie, I am very impressed with it. I am an IT guy by trade, and deal with machines all the time, but 99% pc's, so to actually own a Mac now and really get to experience it has been quite enjoyable these last few days. Not sure what to do with my $2,600 Dell XPS laptop now, its just sitting there. :)