Replacing Internal Hard Drive ?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Oxygen1991, Sep 4, 2013.

1. Oxygen1991 macrumors newbie

Dear All,

I have a Macbook Pro 5,5, 13 inch.

I had a kernel panic a while ago and now my mac won't turn on, It will just get stuck at the grey screen where I get a multi-language message telling me to hold down the power button till it turns off in order to reboot the device.

Anyways, I have googled the problem and I tried everything but it still won't work and it just will be stuck at the same grey screen.

So I am now convinced that this is a HD problem and my HD might be dead. So now I am considering buying a new HD, I hope you can help me chose the best HD in terms of speed and storage. So could you please help me by suggesting the best HD I can get that is suitable for my device ?

At last, My OS is Snow Leopard, I still have the DVDs but my optical drive seems to be broken, it keeps ejecting the DVDs + it makes some noise whenever I try to turn on my device. I am not sure if it's broken or not but I would prefer to find a way to reinstall my OS without using the DVD that came with the Notebook. Honestly I never use my optical drive and I am not willing to replace it because that is just too much for me right now since I am going to replace the internal HD.

Your help is very appreciated.

Thank You :)

2. Oxygen1991 thread starter macrumors newbie