Replacing iPhone 5 With Wifi Issues?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Silverrune, Apr 23, 2013.

1. Silverrune, Apr 23, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2013

Silverrune macrumors regular

Will Apple replace my iPhone 5 with wifi issues? I've just recently started to notice it more prominently. I am using it more. Will they replace it even if I bought it back in september? I drop connection, get horrible signal strength, and slow speeds. Has anyone found a fix?

Applications literally think I don't have wifi, or it appears to be offline. This happens with speedtest and with Jasmine a youtube app.

2. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

are you on the most recent iOS? the factory software was known to have wifi bugs, which 6.0.2 apparently fixed. if you are not already on the newest, then update.

however, if you bring it to apple, they will attempt to replicate your issues and will likely replace it under the 1 yr warranty if they deem the wifi issues cant be fixed by restoring the software.

3. Silverrune thread starter macrumors regular

I am on 6.1.2 I don't want to update but it looks like I have no choice.

4. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

dont bother going to 6.1.3, it sucks.

5. Silverrune thread starter macrumors regular

Anything to consider before taking it in?

6. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

resetting network settings is all i can think of.

7. rgctx macrumors regular

You will have to update, when you take it in they will update your software and send you on your way. Try that first and see if it works, if not take it in.

8. Silverrune thread starter macrumors regular

Restored a few days ago. Updated to 6.1.4 today and took it into the Apple store. Seeing as they could not replicate the results they told me to DFU restore it. Did and going to check on my home network. If it still doesn't work they told me to reset my router.

9. applejuice99 macrumors member

On one of the threads I started, I had wifi and battery problems and they changed it for me. They said it was a firmware issue so it would have been resolved on the next update, however they still replaced for me

10. MrMacMack macrumors 6502a

Does this happen when connected to any wi-fi or just your home network?

11. Zmanbaseball2 macrumors 68040

Zmanbaseball2

I think the security on the router might have something to do with it. My router has WPA2- personal and once or twice a day it drops the signal while i am using my device. I am connected to an access point that is connected to my router. When i go to a optimumwifi hotspot(my ISP free wifi hotspots) the connection rarely drops out.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2