Replacing iPhone with cracked screen

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by nigelly, Nov 14, 2009.

1. nigelly macrumors regular

nigelly

Hi there, I just dropped my 4 month old iPhone 3GS that is locked to Rogers and whom I have a contract with. It's unfortunate since I dropped it from only a foot and the screen is completely shattered. What are my options for replacing it? Does anyone have any experience with Rogers? Thanks

2. MrCyberdude macrumors newbie

check out ifixit as they sell replacement screens that you can fit yourself if you are game.

3. nigelly thread starter macrumors regular

nigelly

Would that void my warranty further?

Does anyone know how much Rogers would charge for a new phone?

4. pukifloyd macrumors 6502a

pukifloyd

Yes it would void your warranty if you replace it yourself...

I am not sure but i think you'll have to pay for the replacement...dont know how much but in US people pay $199/$299 for replacement and full price for lost/stolen iPhone...againt i can't confirm this as i don't have an iPhone:)

btw sorry for your loss :(

5. courtney.bella macrumors member

courtney.bella

More than likely, the full, unsubsidized price for an iPhone. Which is...what? $599, $699? Maybe $799? I mean, you're still in contract. You could go to Apple, see if they'll help, but it was your fault, so they don't have to. But I've heard of people getting really nice Geniuses. :)

6. detoxguy macrumors member

Don't deal directly with Rogers if you can avoid it

This really depends on where you live but if you are anywhere close to an Apple store (here in saskatoon the closest one is a 6 hour drive...) take it there and they can do a screen replacement for around 200 or so...beats the hell out of paying full price. If you aren't close then call applecare and ask them what options you have as far as shipping it in. Rogers will just likely tell you to buy a new phone at full price and won't even tell you that apple does a screen replacement service.