Replacing lens on sunglasses?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Watabou, Sep 24, 2009.

1. Watabou macrumors 68040

Watabou

I just found my previous sunglasses that I thought I lost but with one problem: for some reason, the left lens is missing. Don't know where it went but my brother probably had something to do with it. :(

I love the ones I have and I only prefer Raybans because they look the most professional. I've been eyeing the Gunmetal Flight Pande for a while but I don't know if that would be a wise purchase. If anyone has any recommendations on some other good sunglasses like the ones I have that would be sweet.

If I could just get the lens replaced on my old sunglasses, that would be much better as I don't even think that they make this model anymore. Does anyone know if someone offers this kind of service? i just want the lens replaced. Is there anywhere I can go near the Bay Area in California? Here is some pictures of my broken sunglasses :( Taken with my iPhone, therefore quality sucks. :

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. hatehereyes macrumors 6502a

hatehereyes

You should try a sunglass shop or lenscrafters. something like that, they might be able to custom fit a lens in there...

3. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

They should be able to replace the lens, or have them sent out. I know Sunglass Hut will give you the stuff to mail it back for repairs.

4. Watabou thread starter macrumors 68040

Watabou

Yeah there's a lenscrafters nearby where I live. i will check if they do that sort of thing. I didn't buy it from them though.

Is replacing the lens fairly cheap?

5. Melrose Suspended

Melrose

What brand are they? A lot of the bigger brands have really good replacement policies. I have a friend who only wears Ray Ban because every time he sits on them, or steps on them, or whatever, they replace them altogether.

6. Watabou thread starter macrumors 68040

Watabou

Well they are Ray bans haha. But they are about 5 years old. They still look really nice though.