Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thelonepixel

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 27, 2009
Ok. Long story short I am replacing my Macbook Pro Unibody 15" with either a 13" Macbook Pro or 13" Macbook Air, I am even considering the 17" Macbook Pro. I currently have a 20" Imac that I use for most of my design work, now that my UMB 15" is dead (May she rest in peace!). While I would love to have the 17" for working on web design projects, I would love to have the portability that I never got with the UMP 15". Can a new MBA SSD 2.16 run CS4 Design Premium with out many issues? I would mostly be using dreamweaver and photoshop if on the read or not at the office.

thelonepixel

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 27, 2009
Will not power on. Apple rejected it twice due to pitting on the surface, and the fact that I have a small dent. Saying it was not caused by normal use.

iBookG4user

macrumors 604
Jun 27, 2006
Seattle, WA
Yes, the MacBook Air will be able to handle the Adobe Creative suite. I use my MacBook Air (1.86GHz Hard drive version) with Lightroom and Photoshop quite frequently. I can only imagine how much better the SSD version of the MacBook Air runs the programs. I'm a photographer and portability is important to me, and the MacBook Air works very well for some editing on the road. With the iMac, it would be the perfect combo IMO :)

thelonepixel

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 27, 2009
Thanks iBookG4user, I am glad to hear that this is the right choice. While a 17" Macbook Pro would be nice, I am looking for portability as I would like to have a machine I can carry along with my work computer, which is a Dell XPS (Not my choice, but not a bad machine). With my 20" Imac I feel I will be ok. Might that to upgrade the ram in my Imac if I start using it more.

I would have no doubts if the MBA came with 4GB with the new 2.16Ghz and SSD.

boston44

macrumors 6502
May 8, 2009
Thanks iBookG4user, I am glad to hear that this is the right choice. While a 17" Macbook Pro would be nice, I am looking for portability as I would like to have a machine I can carry along with my work computer, which is a Dell XPS (Not my choice, but not a bad machine). With my 20" Imac I feel I will be ok. Might that to upgrade the ram in my Imac if I start using it more.

I would have no doubts if the MBA came with 4GB with the new 2.16Ghz and SSD.

If you like the air's portability, the 13 inch MBP is almost identicle IMO. I don't mind the extra weight.. and just extra info, I am looking at a Dell XPS right now. It feels double the size and is huge as far as screen size compared to the apple. My brother just bought it for college..

iBookG4user

macrumors 604
Jun 27, 2006
Seattle, WA
If you like the air's portability, the 13 inch MBP is almost identicle IMO. I don't mind the extra weight.. and just extra info, I am looking at a Dell XPS right now. It feels double the size and is huge as far as screen size compared to the apple. My brother just bought it for college..

I have access to both the 13" MacBook Pro and the MacBook Air. The MacBook Air IMO feels a lot lighter and thinner, the 13" MacBook Pro compared to my 15" MacBook Pro doesn't. Unless you're not going to travel or use the computer on the road very often, I would recommend the MacBook Air over the Pro. You will feel the weight and size difference and thank yourself after a mile or two.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.