Replacing my iPad, suggestions?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by RevolvingSheep, Mar 28, 2012.

1. RevolvingSheep macrumors regular

My iPad has an issue and I'm going to get it replaced today.

I haven't gone crazy over inspecting my current iPad for defects except to know it doesn't have a weird tint and it has no dead pixels. But since I am replacing it, I figure I should spend the time to check over the new one.

What do I need to look for when it comes to screen issues for my replacement today? Thanks!

2. pelicanflip macrumors 6502a

1. yellow tint
    2. dead pixels/dust under the screen
    3. light bleeds from under the glass/digitizer (black frame)
    4. physical defects (scratches, nicks, etc.)

I'd say those are the big four. Anything else, you'd have to spend some time to notice any serious errors (battery issues, heat problems, etc.)

Give it a quick once over, and don't stress over it too much.

3. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

So what are you taking a chance replacing a unit that you do not see defects with one that just might have them?

4. RevolvingSheep thread starter macrumors regular

I have this synthesizer app called TC-11. It has an issue where there is distortion with all of the patches and for some reason the Mic is active and creates horrible feedback. I have been talking to the developer for the past week and he said that the Mic shouldn't be on at all. He said the only time he has seen this issue was with the first iPad when the CPU couldn't keep up with some method he used. He said that he thinks the CPU in my iPad 3 is glitching.

He gave me a free code to test the app on a different iPad. I put the app on my wife's iPad 3 and it works fine... no issues.

Because I'm using my iPad mainly for music creation, it is very important that I have no issues.