Replacing my Unibody MacBook tomorrow- question..

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mattroman246, Oct 8, 2009.

1. mattroman246 macrumors 6502

mattroman246

Hey guys, I recently demolished my unibody MacBook via spilling iced tea all over the keyboard, fried the damn thing. I took my old hard drive out and I'm going into store tomorrow to purchase the new 13" pro. My question is, do they have an in store time machine backup because I'd like to get the contents of my old hard drive off it so I can place them on the new higher capacity harddrive in the pro.

Thanks!

2. HLdan macrumors 603

HLdan

It's very possible that they can transfer your information from your old HDD to the inside the new MBP. You should just simply call the store and ask, rather than get "unconfirmed" answers here, so if they don't do it you can make other plans.

3. Izlib macrumors member

Izlib

They're probably going to say no. Buy yourself a drive sled from best buy and do it yourself.

4. mousouchop macrumors 6502a

mousouchop

When my grandmother upgraded from her PPC iMac to a newer Intel based iMac-- they transferred her files over for her. She also had less that 1GB of personal files/programs, so I am not sure if the volume of data plays a role in it.

Just ask! Her old machine had a shot logic board, that may have also been why they helped her out-- seeing as the data was unviewable on the machine, and it was a bitch of a machine to get into (the half sphere one).

5. Izlib macrumors member

Izlib

Data transfers are now only available to one to one members.