Replacing rubber feet

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by uncleMonty, Feb 17, 2013.

1. uncleMonty macrumors regular

Two of the four little rubber feet underneath my 2009 MBP 17" have come unglued and disappeared. Is it possible to find replacements anywhere?

2. brop52 macrumors 68000

brop52

Ebay

3. uncleMonty thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks, for some reason it never crossed my mind that people would be selling these on eBay.

4. Nismo73 macrumors 6502a

Here's a funny thing...I took my work 13" late 2010 Air to get a new charger b/c of frayed cable and a rubber foot that came off and I lost it. I thought they would just glue on a little foot, but nope, got a whole new bottom. Apple said they don't just have the rubber foot to put back on. :shrugs: All under AppleCare, so np. Actually glad I got a new bottom on it since there were some dents in it from something I did to it...

5. Brian Y macrumors 68040

They do - they're £8.20 each from Apple, and they can order it. They probably couldn't be arsed supergluing them on (it's quicker to replace the bottom case).

6. AppleTecFan macrumors 6502

AppleTecFan

7. Cool Runnings macrumors regular

I use "furniture pads" from IKEA, I don´t know what you call them, but in sweden we call them möbeltassar and use them under chairs and tables to protect the floor/woodfloor. Works like a charm, much better than the rubber feets that Apple use.

[​IMG]