Replacing screen on A1181 macbook

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by WordPlajam, Jan 5, 2013.

1. WordPlajam, Jan 5, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2013

WordPlajam macrumors newbie

Hi guys,

Quick question, screen on my MacBook A1181 has cracked due to someone placing something underneath the lid.

I've taken the bezel off, and it has a ltn133a102 panel in there. I've been offered a LP122WX1 from another A1181, but what I would like to know before committing is... will it work OK?

Do I need the exact same panel?

Thanks in advance

2. justperry macrumors 604

justperry

Be careful, it might fit but there's a chance it won't.
    There are 8 different a1181 13" models over a time span of 3 years!

Attached Files:

3. WordPlajam thread starter macrumors newbie

Wow thanks for that.

Do you know if the screen tech changed during those models? i.e. to LED backlight?

4. justperry macrumors 604

justperry

No, I don't know, if you wait and see if others come here they might know.

They are all the same resolution but you don't know if the wiring/connectors are the same.
    There are some really knowledgeable people here, hopefully you'll find out soon.

5. rampancy macrumors regular

rampancy

Over the years Apple sourced its displays for the polycarbonate plastic MacBook from a variety of manufacturers, including LG and Samsung. As long as it came from an A1181 MacBook, it'll work in your machine (assuming you have an A1181 MacBook too).

6. Brian Y macrumors 68040

It will work, but you'll probably need the LVDS cable that come from it - since not all panels have the same positioning of the connector, there's a good chance your current one may not fit.

Also be careful of the little plastic bezel clips - I could never pull a bezel off without all of them staying attached to the bezel itself - and they're dang easy to use (but your local Apple store should have some if you do lose them).

7. WordPlajam thread starter macrumors newbie

Well just to update, the new panel works, cable position was slightly off but within reach.

Thanks guys.