replacing ssytem icons with third party ones (margin 1.0)

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by icon replacer, Jul 19, 2008.

1. icon replacer macrumors newbie

please help i want to replace my laptop's (a tiger 10.4.11) system icons with as i said in the heading a third partys icons the margin 1.0 to be specific i could use some help:D if you would.

2. munson macrumors 6502

munson

Find something that has the icon you wish to use as one of your system folder icons. You can find these anywhere on the internet, really. I used a set called "Bleach" where all the icons are a cool white color.

Once you have found the ones you want to use, here's how it goes:

1. Select "Get info" on the folder you want to change, and the folder that's icon is the one you wish to make your folder into.
    2. In the upper left hand corner of this window you will see a small icon. Select the folder you wish to copy (not your system's folder)
    3. Once you have it selected, hit cmd+c to copy it.
    4. Now, select your system folder icon, and hit cmd+v to paste the other icon on to it.

You should now have successfully copied it.

Be careful, though, and make sure you are copying the correct folder icon, though, because unless you have a backup where you can re-copy the original icon, you would be, as some would say, "f'ed up the a"

I have attached a glimpse of the "Bleach" package. PM me if you want me to send it over to you via .zip file.

Attached Files:

3. ltldrummerboy macrumors 68000

ltldrummerboy

4. icon replacer thread starter macrumors newbie

ok

thanks thats a big help but is there a way to replace all the apps. like safari itunes etc?

5. ltldrummerboy macrumors 68000

ltldrummerboy