Replacing stock youtube app

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by murdercitydevil, Aug 5, 2010.

1. murdercitydevil macrumors 68000

murdercitydevil

Forgive me if this is a dumb thread, but I googled this and couldn't find anything. Is there a JB app that replaces the terrible stock YouTube player? I have been using a springboard weblink to the regular YouTube site for a while, and decided I could just delete the crappy YouTube app, but realized that now if I ever click on a youtube link in safari, it calls for that app to be opened and nothing happens since it's gone. I tried browsing through several Cydia categories and found nothing. I just don't know what to even input in the search bar. Thanks guys.

EDIT: If it so happens that there ISN'T a replacement, does anyone know how I would go about restoring the stock YouTube app WITHOUT a full phone restore? Any way someone could post their .ipa file?

2. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Yep, any YouTube link requires the YouTube app to be on the springboard. Foolish move deleting it.

3. murdercitydevil thread starter macrumors 68000

murdercitydevil

Well, that's well and good, but do you have any advice as to how I proceed from here? I'd really rather just find a replacement app.