Replacing stolen iphone

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by sirxavier, Oct 19, 2010.

1. sirxavier macrumors newbie

Hi! My iPhone got stolen last month and was wondering if I could get some advice on replacing it. I have an iPad already and I think it does the job of replacing my iPhone quiet well, however still need a phone. Here's what I am looking for:

Just for calls, texting.
    Bluetooth for contact synching.
    Fast, Easy to use, no bs UI.
    Somewhat good looking at least. (don't care if it's clamshell or candy bar as long as it is not ugly).
    Can use an mp3 for my ringtone.
    Cheapish.

Are those ridiculous requirements? It sounds as if I wanted a dumb phone if it was designed by apple, but i don't know if such a thing exists. :p

Lastly I study in china so I guess it should be a model that can be found internationally.

Thanks in advance.

2. Argon21 macrumors member

3. Cat-toy macrumors member

Are you still under contract with the carrier?
    Are there pre-paid phones sold there? (unlock it)

buy an unlocked phone and run with it :)

4. sirxavier thread starter macrumors newbie

I am not under contract. Most phones can be bought contract free here, if you buy a contract they can give you a discount for the phone. The biggest problem would be to negotiate the price for the phone once I find a shop where i can buy it, but i can probably bring a chinese friend to negotiate for me...

I am looking for specific models actually, something that has the elegance of an iphone but that is not a smart phone, and somewhat cheap. I think apple has spoiled me too much... I don't seem to like most phones i see in shops around here. :p