Replacing the Bottom Case of a Macbook Pro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by insomniac321123, Jul 29, 2009.

  1. insomniac321123 macrumors 6502

    Jan 23, 2006
    I am needing to replace the bottom case of my late 2006 MBP. It has a large dent in it that is causing some problems. My question is, do I need to get the exact part number listed on the bottom of my laptop (A1211) or can I get a bottom from any pre-unibody MBP i.e. A1260? Also, has anyone ever replaced this part? How difficult is it? I have experience working on laptops, I've just never taken a mac this much apart.
  2. oculus42 macrumors 6502

    Dec 9, 2002

    Go to iFixIt - they have parts and step-by-step guides on disassembly (follow them in reverse to re-assemble).
  3. insomniac321123 thread starter macrumors 6502

    Jan 23, 2006
    I use them for the step by step instructions, but I would prefer to by the part off of ebay. It is much cheaper.

Share This Page