Replacing the defender

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by austin571, Sep 24, 2010.

1. austin571 macrumors regular

I have had the iphone 4 since the first day. Tried the frogz, but the slider part made the screen protector come off on the sides. Got some ebay silicones until the defender came out. Then the griffin reveal was shipping while I was waiting for the defender.
    Finally got the defender, and it has protected my phone a couple times, but the times the phone was dropped was because of the clip getting caught on the extra flap part of the belt.
    Well now the lip to the defender is not sealing well. It pops out in some places.

So....

Any suggestions on a new case? Want protection and the candy shell I thought was good had bad reviews.

2. solius macrumors regular

Why don't you get a replacement from Otterbox from what I've heard they are very fast to answer emails and get replacements our very quickly

3. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

4. bruinsrme macrumors 601

bruinsrme

if you have an actual defender case, drop them an email for a replacement.

Mine is on the way.

5. austin571 thread starter macrumors regular

I emailed them...still waiting. Just thinking that having the silicone on the inside for shock protection and a hard shell on the outside would be better. Or at least easier to put in your pocket.

6. solius macrumors regular

I also have the case mate tough case and it is a great case for protection against drops. Looks really nice and it comes out of the pocket real nice.

7. austin571 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks. Just ordered one. Has anyone tried to paint the hard case?