Replacing the housing 5, at AppleStore

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by chestvrg, Jul 27, 2014.

1. chestvrg macrumors 65816

chestvrg

Hello everyone.

In anticipation for the iPhone 6, I want to go to the Apple Store and see if they can replace the entire housing on my current iPhone 5.

My iPhone 5 has just a couple of scuffles but since I want to pass it down to my wife or son I want them to have a like new experience.

Thx U in advanced.

I want to know if someone has had their hosing replaced at Apple store and how much they charge you guys.

2. Givmeabrek macrumors 68030

Givmeabrek

Not really possible. The iPhone housing is one piece and Apple will not fix cosmetic issues anyway. For a few scuffs put it in a nice case.

3. charlituna macrumors G3

charlituna

They don't replace the housing, if there is enclosure damage that is a full unit replacement. Which isn't covered under the warranty (although if that 'damage' is merely cosmetic and not related to the issue you need a replacement for it doesn't negate coverage)

4. chestvrg thread starter macrumors 65816

chestvrg

Thx is old anyway but it works fine. I'm sure my son or wife will understand.

I didn't want to go to those mall places because I may loose the Apple warranty if I put a non Apple approved housing.

----------

Thank you.