Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Drecca

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 30, 2010
Hey guys,

The "s" key is a little bit damaged. Part of the black paint on the top of the S is rubbed off, and the light is coming through it. You would think it's minor and not even worthy of a post.. until it happens to you and you just KNOW there's a problem and can't stop looking at it.

Anyway, can the apple store or whatever replace the key? I've once tried to fix a keyboard on a HP laptop and failed horribly, so DIY.. not for me.

Last edited:

yusukeaoki

macrumors 68030
Mar 22, 2011
Tokyo, Japan
Yes they can replace it for you.
But since its just a key, I would do it myself. Its fairly easy.

You can get parts online as well such as iFixit.com

Mal

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2002
Orlando
If you're not interested in doing it yourself, don't. The Apple Store may not charge you for it, but even if they do, it'll be fairly cheap. It's not terribly difficult, but if you don't feel up to the task, don't risk messing it up. I do them on a daily basis, but I know many people who shouldn't try, so I understand your hesitance to do it yourself.

jW

camardelle

macrumors 6502
Aug 17, 2011
Texas
I agree that if you don't feel up to it that you should have it done at Apple. I'd be willing that they wouldn't even charge for the repair just out of goodwill. Give it to the pro.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.