Replacing trash icon (weird shadow

Discussion in 'macOS' started by wheeeelan, Jul 23, 2013.

1. wheeeelan macrumors newbie

So I replaced my trash icon and this weird shadow appeared. I didn't use candy bar or any other application to do it. Anyone have any ideas?

[​IMG]

2. Gregg2 macrumors 603

Why did you do this?

And no, no one will have any ideas, because you didn't say what you did use to get this icon.

3. wheeeelan thread starter macrumors newbie

What?

----------

To be clear. If you're questioning my taste, I'm a graphic designer and was working on a new icon set and needed to test them. Not that it's at all relevant.

I replaced the trash icon the manual way with a clean, transparent png icon. The fault was not with the icon but with the default shadowing in the system.

If you don't have anything constructive to say, you really shouldn't say anything.

4. Gregg2 macrumors 603

There you go. Now that you explained what you used, maybe someone experienced with the procedure can help. So, there's the constructive thing about my post. Good luck getting a response. Really. I noticed that no one else tried to help; maybe because of the missing piece of your puzzle.

July to October is quite a delay, by the way.

5. josiegrozzy macrumors newbie

Replacing Trash Icon 10.9

I was able to customize the trash icon without the weird shadow by replacing all of the "reflection" files with a totally clear .png with no image. This gets rid of the shadow.