Replacing UK keyboard configuration with US

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by okizen, Jan 9, 2015.

  1. okizen macrumors member

    Jan 21, 2012
    I'm about to buy a 15.4" Macbook Pro and the seller says it has an UK keyboard. Can I change the keyboard configuration to simulate a US keyboard?
  2. mortenandersen macrumors 6502

    Apr 9, 2011
    I quess this must be problematic, because the two keyboards have different physical outlines regarding some keys, for instance the Enter key and the left Shift key.
  3. MarvinHC macrumors 6502a

    Jan 9, 2014
    Yes you can change the layout - simply go to system preferences -> keyboard -> input sources -> '+' to add the US keyboard.

    Of course the physical writing on the keyboard will not change and apart from the L-Shaped Enter key you will find some of the symbols in different places. If you type blindly it doesn't matter, otherwise you might find it irritating.

Share This Page