Replacing Unlocked T-Mobile iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by robertd, May 5, 2010.

1. robertd macrumors newbie

Hey everyone. I have searched the internet for anything that might possibly answer my question but I have yet to find anything.

I have had my unlocked iPhone 3G on T-Mobile for nearly a year now and I have noticed the battery life isn't as great anymore and that my screen (even at full brightness) isn't as bright as other phones when they are at half brightness. My question is; is there anyway I can get it fixed or replaced through Apple? I'm not asking for anything free or warranty like (since unlocking voids warranty as well as the phone is over a year old) I understand I would have to pay for it.
    My friend currently has an iPhone 3G with AT&T service and we didn't know if we restored mine to factory settings and she took it to an Apple store telling them she had purchased it from someone and wanted to get it fixed/replaced if they would charge us a fee and then send us on our way or if the iPhone needing fixed would have to match the serial number on her iPhone AT&T account?

Long story short, is there anyway that I can get an Apple fixed/replaced iPhone?

Thanks in advance everyone! :)

2. DEE9299 macrumors 6502a

DEE9299

Apple can fix it but they charge a lot. I would suggest you find someone local to handle the repairs. You need a new battery and maybe a new lcd. If you go back to apple you run the risk of them upgrading your firmware and then your unlock will be gone until june or july.