Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

maxpark3r1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 22, 2013
So basically, I had a 2010 MBP 15" and over the years ive had various logic board and a couple of weeks ago I had another problem out of warranty and they've offered me a replacement laptop that should be arriving soon.
My question is this, would I be able to exchange this laptop for a new rMBP? I get a standard 1 year warranty and I am able to buy applecare on this laptop.
How does the fact that apple are replacing my laptop affect my ability to return it?
Thanks

TmanATL

macrumors member
Aug 29, 2013
are you serious? They gave you a band new or refurbished computer that is several years newer than your faulty machine for FREE and that's not good enough for you?

You want them to give you for free the brand new MBP they just announced a couple hours ago. Seriously??

You bought a 2010 MBP, not a top of the line just released Oct 2013 MBP.
be grateful they gave you a new mac at all.

Nautilus007

macrumors 68030
Jul 13, 2007
U.S
If it is sealed and comes with a receipt, I do not see anyone giving you an issue doing an instore exchange.

Steve121178

macrumors 603
Apr 13, 2010
Bedfordshire, UK
are you serious? They gave you a band new or refurbished computer that is several years newer than your faulty machine for FREE and that's not good enough for you?

I find some people unbelievable. It's people like the OP who ensure that Apple have to keep such high prices for Apple Care as people abuse the system.

maxpark3r1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 22, 2013
I find some people unbelievable. It's people like the OP who ensure that Apple have to keep such high prices for Apple Care as people abuse the system.
I understand what you all said, I was just curious as to my options and most likely won't do anything. I haven't abused the system at all. I only went in to get my laptop fixed, after a recent logic board replacement, and they offered me a new one. I didn't go in looking for a new one. Over the 3 years I've had the laptop I did have around 4-5 logic board replacements and a screen replacement.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.