Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mack813

macrumors member
Jan 24, 2013
might sound crazy but i dont have a magnet.. and there is no cover on the back of the camera and im not sure if you can pop the screen protector off but there are ones on ebay that dont have the screen protector

terry8000

macrumors regular
Jan 25, 2013
Does that mean that the info in this thread is all bogus then? Cause i was really hoping to get one of these cases and was hopeful for an accurate review.

Mack813

macrumors member
Jan 24, 2013
took some more pocs for you guys

Attachments

• photo 5.JPG
    photo 5.JPG
    830.1 KB · Views: 328
  • photo 4.JPG
    photo 4.JPG
    744.5 KB · Views: 290
  • photo 3.JPG
    photo 3.JPG
    725.5 KB · Views: 244
  • photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    746.7 KB · Views: 247
  • photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    716.5 KB · Views: 256

Mack813

macrumors member
Jan 24, 2013
and another of the rainbow thing on the screen kind of blurry sorry

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    641.5 KB · Views: 297

koa

macrumors 6502
Jan 8, 2005
Hawaii
Yes it has a gorilla glass on it!! I'm telling you guys this thing is legit! Look on eBay and buy one from the seller iphonecases2011 ships from Hong Kong but took like 10 days if that to get to me!! I was going to order the aluminum one good thing I didn't because I would of been mad if it affected my reception like my old aluminum case!! But overall I'm pleased!!

FYI I asked iphonecases2011 if the one I was looking at came with gorilla glass and he said yes and added... These are not original cases.

koa

macrumors 6502
Jan 8, 2005
Hawaii
Yes it has a gorilla glass on it!! I'm telling you guys this thing is legit! Look on eBay and buy one from the seller iphonecases2011 ships from Hong Kong but took like 10 days if that to get to me!! I was going to order the aluminum one good thing I didn't because I would of been mad if it affected my reception like my old aluminum case!! But overall I'm pleased!!

We know this.. But what's your point?

You saying "this thing is legit" implied to me the cases are actual Lunatik cases. If you meant the deal/seller is legit and can be relied upon to send out a replica case then I stand corrected. But the statement I made is still correct, they are not original cases.

Last edited:

mysterydate

macrumors 6502
Feb 24, 2010
Waseca, MN
the audio jack cover on mines is a metal material

but all im saying for 50 bucks im very satisfied! if you spend 125 on this case and barely see a difference from mines than i wonder where that extra 75 you spent on yours went

:confused:

Maybe all the initial R&D? Pretty sure a fake manufacturer doesn't have the bills to pay that the original does.

Mack813

macrumors member
Jan 24, 2013
You saying "this thing is legit" implied to me the cases are actual Lunatik cases. If you meant the deal/seller is legit and can be relied upon to send out a replica case then I stand corrected. But the statement I made is still correct, they are not original cases.

Oh I didn't mean legit as in authentic I meant legit as this case is very high quality and looks exactly like the pics on lunatiks website

itzAstonish

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 23, 2012
Mine was delivered to my apartment today but I'm at my gfs so ill post some pictures and my initial impressions later tonight. But to those who are confused, spam trade has nothing to do with the authenticity of posts in this thread. I'm just a normal buyer like most of you, if the thread ended up on another site, that's between the sites. I don't care of these cases sell cause it has nothing to do with me I was just trying to help people save some money. And I also bought my phone from the same eBay seller as the member above and it got here quickly for coming from hong kong

----------

and another of the rainbow thing on the screen kind of blurry sorry

Do you have a screen protector on the phone under it? I heard that causes that rainbow effect

terry8000

macrumors regular
Jan 25, 2013
Right on. I wasnt meaning to cast dispersions on anyone, just looked odd so wanted to make sure there wasnt something i was missing. But its awesome seeing actual reviews on the cases and i certainly look forward to seeing your pics. This thread is really helpful and just wanted to make sure i could make my descision based on the info here. Thanks for the info and pics to the pioneers who have bought the case so far! :)

----------

If anyone owning the case can comment on call quality with the case on, that would be awesome too. Also from the pics so far it looks like the front mic beside the earpiece is covered by glass is it blocked off? And do you find any detriment to that area sonically?

itzAstonish

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 23, 2012
Right on. I wasnt meaning to cast dispersions on anyone, just looked odd so wanted to make sure there wasnt something i was missing. But its awesome seeing actual reviews on the cases and i certainly look forward to seeing your pics. This thread is really helpful and just wanted to make sure i could make my descision based on the info here. Thanks for the info and pics to the pioneers who have bought the case so far! :)

----------

If anyone owning the case can comment on call quality with the case on, that would be awesome too. Also from the pics so far it looks like the front mic beside the earpiece is covered by glass is it blocked off? And do you find any detriment to that area sonically?

Yea no problem. I think the double thread was result of the site selling the content from this thread, but don't quote me, all I know is I've only posted here lol

As far as the case goes, the taktik cases are actually being manufactured in china, so I'd imagine the quality of the case to be pretty good for a replica. The only thing I was worried about was the quality control, so hopefully as more people get them, they're consistent in quality. I will also comment on the screen protector when I check mine out.

Last edited:

Six8

macrumors 65816
Feb 1, 2012
Earth
Mine was delivered to my apartment today but I'm at my gfs so ill post some pictures and my initial impressions later tonight. But to those who are confused, spam trade has nothing to do with the authenticity of posts in this thread. I'm just a normal buyer like most of you, if the thread ended up on another site, that's between the sites. I don't care of these cases sell cause it has nothing to do with me I was just trying to help people save some money. And I also bought my phone from the same eBay seller as the member above and it got here quickly for coming from hong kong

----------

Do you have a screen protector on the phone under it? I heard that causes that rainbow effect

How is it man?

itzAstonish

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 23, 2012
How is it man?

On my way home now. Stayed at my girls longer than originally anticipated. But my friend grabbed my mail and has it safe in his possession so ill post pictures and my initial impressions right away. Give me about an hour or so. I'm as anxious to know how it is as you are haha

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
On my way home now. Stayed at my girls longer than originally anticipated. But my friend grabbed my mail and has it safe in his possession so ill post pictures and my initial impressions right away. Give me about an hour or so. I'm as anxious to know how it is as you are haha

Can't wait for your pictures and review. :)

itzAstonish

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 23, 2012
Just got done putting the case on.

Quick advice: Get it

Quality is great, all the Ports are lined up perfectly and the material feels smooth and durable. The screen seems to be real class, not like the plastic covering on the otterbox defender. Speaking of which it is thinner than the defender. It does make the phone wider in your hand because of the outer casing bumper type thing.

As for the screen, I have zero issues with rainbow effect (I do have a screen protector under it) and no issues with sensitivity. Note when you put it on you will have sensitivity issues until you tighten it back with the screws so don't freak.

Everything on the case looks quality though honestly. Don't see how the legit one can be much better.

----------

a4y2y2am.jpg

pudugeta.jpg

terry8000

macrumors regular
Jan 25, 2013
awesome pics and great review. no signal loss at all? and I was curious about the facetime camera and microphone on the front(the little mic to the left of the earpiece) any audio loss there? (noise cancellation/poor facetime calls/ etc?) Thanks for the info. This is great stuff!

----------

Also does it have all the gore material fittings over the open parts such as speaker/mic ports? and is audio quality lessened at all when making calls? (echo or people complaining they cant hear you that sort of thing?

itzAstonish

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 23, 2012
awesome pics and great review. no signal loss at all? and I was curious about the facetime camera and microphone on the front(the little mic to the left of the earpiece) any audio loss there? (noise cancellation/poor facetime calls/ etc?) Thanks for the info. This is great stuff!

----------

Also does it have all the gore material fittings over the open parts such as speaker/mic ports? and is audio quality lessened at all when making calls? (echo or people complaining they cant hear you that sort of thing?

The cameras are both open meaning no glass over them, that's why the case is considered only water resistant because its not sealed. Hasn't affected picture quality at all, haven't tried FaceTime though. As for phone calls, I've only had one phone combo since putting it on and my mother could hear my fine, I however had a few times where I couldn't hear her that well, but she has a flip phone that isn't the best quality and it isn't the first time so I'd like to test this out more before blaming anything on the case, but it's 4 am now so that will have to wait lol

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.