Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ipadder

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 7, 2010
I have a feeling in a year or so all ip4 cases will have bigger flashholes to include these replicases. It will probably be an industry norm.

Yeap that's probably right. But right now since they already produced probably tens of thousands of these cases, they have to sell them :p i guess when that time comes we'll have to upgrade :D

Zepaw

macrumors 65816
Apr 18, 2010
MN
^^ Agree with you both. I am sure we will go through some similar problem the next time the iPhone gets an external makeover. It is much easier to slap a 3G & 3GS sticker on a box. :p

Atenza6

macrumors member
Jun 25, 2009
Miami
Crap

I got a red one and as soon as I opened the package I noticed that it had a pointed spot in the interior of the case from the molding process. I still wanted to try it on so i did and noticed that it didn't fit well. So I emailed the seller and they refunded my money and let me keep the crappy case too. They just asked me not to leave bad feedback. So maybe I just got a defective one.

RS232

macrumors regular
Mar 10, 2009
London, United Kingdom
Crap as well...

Earlier on this thread, I mentioned that my red case had blemishes... It is just like how you described your one. My one is in the bin now! Perhaps dodgy quality control.

ipadder

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 7, 2010
I got a red one and as soon as I opened the package I noticed that it had a pointed spot in the interior of the case from the molding process. I still wanted to try it on so i did and noticed that it didn't fit well. So maybe I just got a defective one.

I was looking at their feedback and yeah i think you got a defective one cuz lots of ppl are giving positive feedback for the red one. cept one dude that said 'not what i expected' lol..poor seller, the dude didn't even contact them before leaving feedback.

couldnt you have clipped the pointed spot out, or files it a tiny bit?

glen e

macrumors 68030
Jun 19, 2010
Ft Lauderdale
very happy with my clear and now my red and blue - no imperfections and deep sides so my SGP CF back can stay on no problem for when I use my bumpers. I can see the mold point in the middle but I really have to look for it. Think you guys are being picky for 7 bucks. 4 of these are far better and more fun than one of the $30 junkers I own...
3a44cf3b.jpg

cloud171

macrumors newbie
Aug 19, 2010
I got one also and must say I do like it. Decent enough protection and the back looks pretty authentic. Although only issue I have is, case seems to get scratched up easily, I guess better than having it happen to the glass.

jm12345

macrumors newbie
Feb 21, 2007
Just received my today

Opened up the mailbox today and received my Cimo case today in the mail. The idea behind the case is exactly what I want, not too bulky and something simple.

The only thing I am going to try and fix is how the phone moves a little in the case. I think if I heat up one of the sides I might be able to tighten it up.

JNGold

macrumors 6502a
Aug 25, 2009
I got my Blue, Black, and White cases today and I am going back to my Gun Metal LuxeLean. The Cimo cases do creak a bit and the lay-on-the-table lip happen to be very "sharp" and can be uncomfortable to hold.

Oh well, at least they weren't expensive.

cloud171

macrumors newbie
Aug 19, 2010
Hmm I have no such creaking noises or fitting issues, then again I do have BSE on the back/sides.

Sunday Shadows

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2010
Got a red one today, like it a whole lot more than the belkin etch I got. It'll hold me over til my incipio shows.

Sunday Shadows

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2010
These cases protect very well. Dropped my phone last night from about 3ft on to a parking lot and it kept my phone safe. Case ended up with a big crack but that's ok!

Zepaw

macrumors 65816
Apr 18, 2010
MN
Got mine yesterday. They look and feel like they are made really cheap, but still seem worth the price for sure. I love the color on the blue, the green is a bit lighter than I imagined.

The green one arrived cracked, but they responded back about shipping a free one very quickly.

Zepaw

macrumors 65816
Apr 18, 2010
MN
These cases protect very well. Dropped my phone last night from about 3ft on to a parking lot and it kept my phone safe. Case ended up with a big crack but that's ok!

Get your free one? They offer 1-year warranty if it breaks protecting the phone.

Bill Gates

macrumors 68030
Jun 21, 2006
If I didn't have it on there the phone would be broken? Seems like it did what it is supposed to do.
A case cracking after a 3ft drop is not in the least bit impressive. Furthermore, almost any case on the market would protect the phone from a tiny 3ft drop. "These cases protect very well" is a vast overstatement.

C-Boo

macrumors newbie
Jul 23, 2010

Attachments

• Photo on 2010-08-27 at 00.24.jpg
    Photo on 2010-08-27 at 00.24.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 63
  • Photo on 2010-08-27 at 00.24 #2.jpg
    Photo on 2010-08-27 at 00.24 #2.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 57
  • Photo on 2010-08-27 at 00.25.jpg
    Photo on 2010-08-27 at 00.25.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 62
  • Photo on 2010-08-27 at 00.27.jpg
    Photo on 2010-08-27 at 00.27.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 61

PlayHard

macrumors regular
Jan 30, 2010
Raleigh, NC
Can someone with a green tell me if the sides are clear? On their ebay site the pics look like it's white for all the colors. Clear would be much nicer looking. Thanks

ipadder

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 7, 2010
Can someone with a green tell me if the sides are clear? On their ebay site the pics look like it's white for all the colors. Clear would be much nicer looking. Thanks

Nope they're all clear:

iphone4_replica_white_03.jpg=800

you can see the black through the sides a little bit.

PlayHard

macrumors regular
Jan 30, 2010
Raleigh, NC
ipadder said:
Nope they're all clear:

you can see the black through the sides a little bit.

Great! That settles it for me. I'm going to order it. Of course I don't have my phone yet but I want to protect it as soon as I get it. I haven't been thrilled with the other cases.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.