Replicate 4.3 gestures with activator?

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by pruppert, Jan 24, 2011.

1. pruppert macrumors 6502

pruppert

Anyone know of a way to replicate 4.3's gestures like pinch to home screen with Activator or another Cydia app?

2. tegedrex macrumors member

3. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

I know patient is not a virtue of anyone on this forums, but the API to do those "gesture" JUST....got added to iOS, you need to give time to the Activator (or any developer for that matter) to update their app, and I don't think it will run on anything but 4.3+ since those API don't exits on the anything before (just like there is not Multitasking or any way to "add" it to 3.x version).

Just hold on tight for a bit and it will come around.

4. Ksane macrumors regular

Ever since I jailbroke my iPad last year I've used Activator gestures in place of the hardware buttons on the iPad. Activator is THE reason I jailbreak. You don't need the 4-5 finger gestures. Just set up any of the gestures available in Activator to do what you want. I swipe down from status bar to close an app, swipe right on status bar to open mail (and have my mail icon set to 'hidden), different swipes in various places to open other apps, etc. Activator is ahead of it's time and most people don't even realize what it's capable of. I don't have to touch a single hardware button on my iPad since I got Activator & bought Shake2Unlock (by the same developer as Activator, I believe).
    Sorry to go on so long. But the guy who developed Activator is a god to me lol I don't know the guy but I know he's got to be a genius.

5. pruppert thread starter macrumors 6502

pruppert