reply to non iMessage and how durable is the sports screen?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by michael31986, Apr 13, 2015.

1. michael31986 macrumors 68030

I am wondering i you can reply to nonimessage texts on your apple watch. anyone know?

Also how durable is the screen for the sports watch? is it like gorilla glass durable? i haven't seen any testing of it.

2. mightyjabba macrumors 65816

mightyjabba

I believe regular texts and iMessage texts are treated the same. You can't reply to emails, however, which is a bit disappointing.

3. dilap macrumors 6502a

You can reply to normal texts on the watch. Saw it in my Apple Store demo. The ion x glass on the sport is the one on the iPhone, it will be good for hits and smashes, although you could see some scratches.

4. ZombiePete macrumors 68020

ZombiePete

I can understand why you might not want to send emails from your Watch, but why not even give the user the option? Then again, it's in Apple's nature to develop their software to work the way they think is best for us, not necessarily the way we might want it.

5. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

The ion-x glass is gorilla glass (or just like it). It should be similar or slightly stronger than the iPhone 6 glass. The last few iPhone's are believed to use gorilla glass but that's not been made official.

6. michael31986 thread starter macrumors 68030

apple watch 2... now able to respond to emails... I'm joking, but sadly this would probably happen.

7. BeyondtheTech macrumors 68020

BeyondtheTech

I hope one of those blogger guys or companies like iFixIt will do a side-by-side comparison between the different versions of WATCH and try to scratch up the screen and casing the same way to see which one would be able (or be unable) to take a beating or the everyday wear-and-tear.

8. mightyjabba macrumors 65816

mightyjabba

Actually, I would expect Apple to update the OS on the older watches to keep them in parity with the new ones for at least a couple of years. The differentiating features for a hypothetical Apple Watch 2 would probably be mostly in the hardware -- thinner, longer battery life, more sensors, etc.