Repo Removal

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by brguest, Jan 22, 2011.

1. brguest macrumors member

Each time I start Cydia, it gives me an error message about an invalid repository. Typically, I would just edit the "Sources" and get rid of it, but in this case, it's not listed there! How can I get rid of it and stop the annoying error messages?
    Thanks!

2. Dhelsdon macrumors 65816

Dhelsdon

I have the same issue with two repo's - here's a screenshot.
    I am thinking maybe we'll have to ssh and delete some files or something but I have no idea.

[​IMG][​IMG]

3. the diego macrumors newbie

You can SSH into etc/apt/sources.list.d and delete the source. Reboot and reload Cydia and it should be gone.

4. brguest thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately the offending repo isn't listed in that directory. Any other ideas?

5. Dhelsdon macrumors 65816

Dhelsdon

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

Same here, that directory only lists default Cydia repos no custom repos.

6. tempusfugit macrumors 65816

There are more locations you need to purge repo information from in order to get it working.

I had a page bookmarked on eviliphone but the link is now dead :confused:

I'll see if I can dig up the info elsewhere.

7. ACardAttack macrumors 6502

ACardAttack

Im not having any luck with this one, like im in mobileterminal...but when i follow the directions ive seen online...it never prompts me to put in a url though

8. Dhelsdon macrumors 65816

Dhelsdon

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

That would be great if you could find it!

I couldn't get CyFix to install. I keep getting a failed buffer_write error ughh

9. Lycanthroat macrumors regular

+1 from me as well. Cyfix doesn't seem to like 4.2.1.

Stupid repos >: (

10. Peppe macrumors newbie

Woohoo I worked something out!!

I had the same problem, my dodgy repo,s weren't there either.
    But follow Diego post.
    SSH (i used iFun on PC) into etc/apt/sources.list.d then open cydia.list and I found my offending repo's in there.
    I then copied (and renamed a copy of the original in case) cydia.list onto my desktop, edited using notebook removed the bad repo and replaced cydia.list and Voila :D
    I'm rather proud of my self:p:p

Pep

11. ACardAttack macrumors 6502

ACardAttack

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bC8CNTcMAVE&feature=related

This video...namely the list of the repo in the description is what I needed to get it to work..the one you get from default repos didnt work for me, but insert the repo cydia.xsellize.com/ and one of the ones I got from there worked like a charm!

12. indyzzzz macrumors 6502a

With this method, entire repos are removed. You cant fix just the part where certain files are missing. What if I dont want to remove the repo (since it still works, I can download files from it) but just fix the errors that pop up referencing that repo ? Errors like "NODATA1" and "NODATA2" or "packages.gz cant be found".