Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

brguest

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 25, 2007
Each time I start Cydia, it gives me an error message about an invalid repository. Typically, I would just edit the "Sources" and get rid of it, but in this case, it's not listed there! How can I get rid of it and stop the annoying error messages?
Thanks!

Dhelsdon

macrumors 65816
Feb 5, 2010
Canadian Eh!
I have the same issue with two repo's - here's a screenshot.
I am thinking maybe we'll have to ssh and delete some files or something but I have no idea.

img0208c.png
img0207.png

the diego

macrumors newbie
Nov 13, 2010
You can SSH into etc/apt/sources.list.d and delete the source. Reboot and reload Cydia and it should be gone.

brguest

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 25, 2007
Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately the offending repo isn't listed in that directory. Any other ideas?

Dhelsdon

macrumors 65816
Feb 5, 2010
Canadian Eh!
Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

Same here, that directory only lists default Cydia repos no custom repos.

tempusfugit

macrumors 65816
May 21, 2009
Chicago
There are more locations you need to purge repo information from in order to get it working.

I had a page bookmarked on eviliphone but the link is now dead :confused:

I'll see if I can dig up the info elsewhere.

Dhelsdon

macrumors 65816
Feb 5, 2010
Canadian Eh!
Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

That would be great if you could find it!

I couldn't get CyFix to install. I keep getting a failed buffer_write error ughh

Peppe

macrumors newbie
Dec 1, 2010
Qld, Australia
Woohoo I worked something out!!

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately the offending repo isn't listed in that directory. Any other ideas?

You can SSH into etc/apt/sources.list.d and delete the source. Reboot and reload Cydia and it should be gone.

I had the same problem, my dodgy repo,s weren't there either.
But follow Diego post.
SSH (i used iFun on PC) into etc/apt/sources.list.d then open cydia.list and I found my offending repo's in there.
I then copied (and renamed a copy of the original in case) cydia.list onto my desktop, edited using notebook removed the bad repo and replaced cydia.list and Voila :D
I'm rather proud of my self:p:p

Pep

indyzzzz

macrumors 6502
Nov 14, 2010
Woohoo I worked something out!!

I had the same problem, my dodgy repo,s weren't there either.
But follow Diego post.
SSH (i used iFun on PC) into etc/apt/sources.list.d then open cydia.list and I found my offending repo's in there.
I then copied (and renamed a copy of the original in case) cydia.list onto my desktop, edited using notebook removed the bad repo and replaced cydia.list and Voila :D
I'm rather proud of my self:p:p

Pep

With this method, entire repos are removed. You cant fix just the part where certain files are missing. What if I dont want to remove the repo (since it still works, I can download files from it) but just fix the errors that pop up referencing that repo ? Errors like "NODATA1" and "NODATA2" or "packages.gz cant be found".

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.