Repo/Source problem

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by AlterBridge, Dec 17, 2009.

1. AlterBridge macrumors newbie

Im pretty new to Jailbreaking. So im obviously testing the waters with some stuff. While setting up a few repo's (for Emulators) I got a few urls of the same domain which in turn only 1 of the 3 I entered worked.

Now, The one I use is great and works fine (Sinfuliphone). But quite frequently when Cydia refreshes, it brings back an unreached results for the 2 repo's i originally entered for that source which had been incorrect.

This is the message I get when I start up Cydia, happens every second time:

http://i46.tinypic.com/2uswneq

I've tried a lot, the 2 repo's which are constantly being "unreachable" are not in my source list and therefore I cant delete them.

I read somewhere about Rejailbreaking. But to be honest, im not putting it down to lazyness, I just dont know how to go about doing it. I wouldnt even know if all the stuff I have downloaded will stay or ill have to start from scratch.

Sorry for rambling but I noticed a lot of people here usually require a lot of info to make sense of whats going on, so they can help.

How do I stop these annoying errors popping up?

Cheers!

2. DrawnToLife macrumors regular

Well, if I remember correctly, you have to SSH and clear the dead repos out of Cydia. That's what I did. But right after I downloaded another source, it came back, so I just left it.

3. AlterBridge thread starter macrumors newbie

I know its a stupid question but, Where do i get the installer app?

I need to SSH into it to remove it, but I havent stemmed further than Cydia. Im still pretty new to this.

Thanks

4. DrawnToLife macrumors regular

5. AlterBridge thread starter macrumors newbie

Oh man! Thanks a bunch! I was so lost. I really thought you could only SSH with an APP from Installer, didnt know you could do it from your comp!

Thanks again!