Report Bugs to Apple

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by reedomann, Sep 6, 2011.

1. reedomann macrumors member

reedomann

Hey I just submitted a Technical Issue in "Report Bugs to Apple.." and since I've never done this before I don't know how they respond. Do they send you and email? Call you? Or send a message straight to your computer?:confused:

2. ChristianJapan macrumors 601

ChristianJapan

In many cases they just told me that the issue is already known and make a reference to their leading ticket of the topic. Mostly done in that case.

In other cases they send you an email back asking for clarification and system details.
    I found them quite responsive thinking about the number of ticket they handle.

3. reedomann thread starter macrumors member

reedomann

Which email do they send it to? Do they send it to the email you have set up in the Mail Application?

4. ChristianJapan macrumors 601

ChristianJapan

Ok; sorry. I misunderstood.

I thought you activly created a bug in bugreporter. Now I understand that you send a crash report. In this case I fear you never hear again. Those are send anonymous (supposed to); I think they will have some data mining running on those to see where problems are in the field. I mostly send to them but not often with a comment as these crashes are not always reproduceable.

Keep sending those; don't hurt.

5. reedomann thread starter macrumors member

reedomann

So do they send me an automated message or does a apple ted support person send me a message responding to my bug report?

6. ChristianJapan macrumors 601

ChristianJapan

When you send from crash report you will not hear back from them ... One way communication to what I experienced so far.

If you use http://bugreporter.apple.com with your Apple ID you have a higher chance for feedback but also expect to spend more time to explain what happened.

7. reedomann thread starter macrumors member

reedomann