Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Camoxide

macrumors regular
Oct 6, 2013
England
It's the screen that's the bigest drain on the battery. The CPU isn't usually too bad.
The radio chip for connecting to the phone network is usually a power hog.

twoodcc

macrumors P6
Feb 3, 2005
Right side of wrong
i would prefer a bigger battery over a thinner device. but we know a bigger battery is necessary for a bigger screen, hopefully this will be big enough

cameronjpu

macrumors 65816
Aug 24, 2007
Up to 22 replies. 17 for biggest battery, 4 for slightly bigger, 1 wants the same battery life, and none are willing to sacrifice even one more minute of battery for a thinner phone.

What a shock.

Cmon though, post it to your FB walls, lets get a surge of replies up to 100

Wiesenlooser

macrumors 6502a
Jul 9, 2010
Majority of people who need a better battery don't know how to usr their phone.

Manufacturers wouldn't distribute a device that had 4 hours of battery life with average use.

People who need better battery life because they are heavy users who prefer to push their phones to the limit should by one or two portable chargers. You sprinted to the finish line.. Now wait patiently for technology to catch up.

You see. And I thought after 7 FREAKING YEARS it should be fair to ask for a phone to get you through the day.

I have owned 4 generations of iPhones and every single one of them had a worrisome battery life. What's the point of a mobile device on which you always have to take look at the battery.

I just want comparable iPad battery life, meaning: 10-12 hours if true usage, basically no matter what you do with it.

I just want my phone to last an entire day. I want it to be reliable. You should be willing to bet money on the fact that it will last you through the day.

Burger Thing

macrumors 65816
Jan 7, 2009
Around the World
I just voted. As thick as the iPhone 4s for 50% more battery life.

This choice is on top with almost 67% of the votes.

----------

It should be like this. A solid piece of aluminum. Rounded for comfort, and while thin towards the edges thick in the middle.

That concept looks a million times better than all the boring iPhone 6 mockups or anything we have seen from Sir Jony Ive lately IMHO. Even if the dimensions had to be adjusted for components to fit in or some breaks in the rear shell for the antenna, it would still be an handsome phone.

GoingDark

macrumors 6502
Nov 2, 2013
I think a lot of these rumours are mixing up the 4.7" and the 5.5" device - for example, this rumour about the 2100mAh battery also claims the phone will have Optical Image Stabilization, which is something previously mentioned only about the 5.5". This makes me think that it's the 5.5" that'll have the 2100mAh battery (which is still small for a device that size) and the 4.7" will have the previously-rumoured 1810mAh battery.

PracticalMac

macrumors 68030
Jan 22, 2009
Houston, TX
Adding that thickness and bigger battery would also make the device heavier. Use a battery pack if you don't mind thickness and heavy devices. I want my phone to be slim and light and my 5s already have great battery performance.

With the way I use my iPhone, I barely get 24 hours out of my 5S set to 4G and BT off.

On a few occasions it was a quite day and I did not use half the power.

However
When I had LTE on, it would not last a full day.

I feel it needs to last longer, 12 hours instead of Apples stated 8 (IIRC).

cwwilson

macrumors 68000
Jan 27, 2009
Oklahoma City, OK
My S5 gets really good life, I can stream music for 8 hours a day at work and it still has life to spare. From what I'm seeing, the iPhone 6 will have a smaller screen and battery and probably still won't match up to the standard set by the S5.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.