Report - Galaxy S5 Prime to be out in June?

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by The Game 161, Apr 28, 2014.

1. Jspring86 Suspended

Jspring86

I was thinking about trying the S5 out myself, but maybe I'll wait to see if this comes out first. Maybe I should just stop buying phones, but that wouldn't be a very reasonable thing to do.

2. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

The fact its using the 4X4 octo config, I'd be very surprised if this prime version is intended for Western Europe and US.

3. jamezr macrumors G3

jamezr

Very interesting....I will believe it when i see it........But it sure would be a PR nightmare if they released in the same markets where they currently have the S5.....

4. BlueGoldAce macrumors 68000

We get it.... We know what you dislike. So please, for the sake of maturity, stop polluting post. We understand, and respect your point of view. Now please respect others and don't force it on others.

Your link has nothing to do with the prime. While your at it why don't you post a link detailing the faulty sleep/wake buttons on the iPhone 5? That would be the unbiased approach.

----------

Agreed.

Wouldn't be surprised at all to see it pop up in Korea, but not the US. The S5 will be the flagship until the note 4.

5. The Game 161 thread starter macrumors G5

The Game 161

Yes the same iPhone 5 I had to get exchanged because the power button wouldn't work.. Found more faults with that then on any Android device I've had

6. BlueGoldAce macrumors 68000

I had to exchange my iphone 5s twice, due to dust under the camera lens.

All phones have faults from quality control.... Doesn't make them any less of a phone.

7. Switchback666 macrumors 68000

Switchback666

Currently there is no exynos gs5 model?

8. skratch77 macrumors 65816

The new Intel LTE modem could mean the note 4 gets that soc in the USA!

Crossing fingers but this is a major change to the exynos so it doesn't make sense for them to use a new modem if they are not trying to market huge LTE markets.

9. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

10. rockitdog macrumors 68020

The only way this ever makes it into the US is if someone buys it from overseas and brings it back. This will never see the retail shelf of US carriers in the US.

11. skratch77 macrumors 65816

This is exactly my point as they already have an exynos soc for Korean markets and them changing the modem to an Intel LTE could be to expand the exynos into LTE markets

12. Switchback666 macrumors 68000

Switchback666

So what would be the purpose of the new device, weird that Samsung only does this with galaxy S line well she did have the Note Neo but I hardly see any word for that phone.

13. skratch77 macrumors 65816

New device has Intel modem for LTE support also gets higher clocked cores/GPU and 20nm process

If you look at the add for that phone it only supports 3g

14. Switchback666 macrumors 68000

Switchback666

Yeah I'm aware is 3g, I had a hard time looking for my note 3 exynos model lol only model that can work with my carrier, same deal with the s5.

15. skratch77 macrumors 65816

Let's hope the note 4 gets this and works for every LTE network!

16. tbayrgs macrumors 603

tbayrgs

Just curious, why prefer the Exynos over its Snapdragon counterpart?

I obviously don't have a ton of real world experience comparing them to each other but did have the Note 10.1 (2014) with an Exynos chip and was underwelmed, despite the purported extra horsepower--had some terrible stutters/lagging. IIRC, I thought I'd read that despite slightly better benchmark results, in real world usage the Snapdragon 800s were better performers.

Not criticizing your opinion, actually hope you could elaborate and shed more light.

Separately, while the inclusion of the new LTE chip means in theory we could see it released here, I'm also guessing this will be an Asian market exclusive, at least initially. That being said, I certainly wouldn't put it past Samsung to release it here in the US as a mid-cycle refresh, just in time for the holidays. ;)

17. Dmunjal macrumors 65816

Or to diversify away from Qualcomm?

18. Fanaticalism macrumors 6502a

Hmm... not sure I would want the Exynos variant considering every model that has had both has shown the QC version always performing better.