Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

OnlyOneThatEver

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 9, 2008
read this post on Facebook, my brother, who just recently purchased a brand new black iPhone 3G 16gb and said it had Facebook pre installed after he activated it and turned it on.
http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=6628568379&topic=8234
IMG_0002.png

lindsayanng

macrumors 68000
May 4, 2008
East Haven, CT
i JUST bought my 3G today.. literally just took it home and got it all hooked up a few hours ago.. no facebook app.

Did he have an iphone before this one with facebook on it?

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
That can't be the iphone homepage as it is when it is factory fresh. It has three dots, indicating it has three pages of apps. Factory fresh iphones only have two pages.

OnlyOneThatEver

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 9, 2008
I asked him, he said he didn't even have iTunes installed, so there couldn't have been any apps automatically synced to his iPhone. I wonder if I restored my phone and re-activated it, would it have the Facebook app.

MattZani

macrumors 68030
Apr 20, 2008
UK
I Think Apple Should Bundle a Few Apps in.

FaceBook
Tap Tap 2
Google Earth
Last.fm

You know, have the current Advert Apps, and a few Favourites.

Just so it fills up the Home Screen.

eyefoniac

macrumors demi-god
Nov 21, 2008
Everywhere and nowhere
That can't be the iphone homepage as it is when it is factory fresh. It has three dots, indicating it has three pages of apps. Factory fresh iphones only have two pages.

True, if it has three dots, it means there are three pages of apps. I did restore mine today (not to see about the fb app) and no fb app was present post-restore.

OnlyOneThatEver

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 9, 2008
might have something to do w/ Rogers iPhones. Rogers heavily promotes Facebook, they always show them in all their Blackberry ads.

OnlyOneThatEver

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 9, 2008
True, if it has three dots, it means there are three pages of apps. I did restore mine today (not to see about the fb app) and no fb app was present post-restore.

lmao, thats my iPhone, not my brothers. I just used that as an example

queshy

macrumors 68040
Apr 2, 2005
a better explanation is that the iPhone was not FF...some robbers employee tested it out first or something.

lindsayanng

macrumors 68000
May 4, 2008
East Haven, CT
Well, WHY post a screen shot then.. Seems like a troll to me.

It just isnt what is happening.. so either your brother is pulling your leg, has no clue what is going on, or YOU are just starting some stuff beacuse you want to.

iParis

macrumors 68040
Jul 29, 2008
New Mexico
Well, WHY post a screen shot then.. Seems like a troll to me.

It just isnt what is happening.. so either your brother is pulling your leg, has no clue what is going on, or YOU are just starting some stuff beacuse you want to.

Could be that he's just BSing us. Wouldn't be the first time...

vandlism

macrumors 6502
Jun 20, 2007
I Think Apple Should Bundle a Few Apps in.

FaceBook
Tap Tap 2
Google Earth
Last.fm

You know, have the current Advert Apps, and a few Favourites.

Just so it fills up the Home Screen.

No. Have you ever booted up a new HP, Dell, Sony and get greeted by preinstalled software? All of these apps are available for free, on the App Store, and others are being promoted on the store as well as on TV ads. No need to force apps upon people.

As far as this facebook thing goes. I could see it being included if BlackBerries and WinMo's begin shipping standard with the facebook app.

Katuls

macrumors member
Feb 2, 2009
Yet another hoax post from the OP. My god, stop clicking on the 'New Thread' button.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.