Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macsig

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 27, 2006
Marina del Rey, CA
Hello I would like to know if Transmit (the FTP client made by Panic) can create a report of copied and updated files when the synchronization option is used. If so in which formats?

Thanks

EvanLugh

macrumors 68000
Aug 29, 2007
Developer land
I don't think it does, I had a look around the menus and checked the help.
14bde904f4b6649aaa6277de9713ecbb.png

EDIT:

417592b552f579cbaf504e45b6b296f4.png

angelwatt

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
USA
I don't have Transmit so can't check on this, but you may want to check out any log file that gets created. There may be something in a place like username/Library/Application Support/Transmit/logs, or you can open the Console program (Applications/Utilities/Console) and see what's getting written there. On the left side of Console there should be a list of logs, if not there's a Hide Log List button at the left of the toolbar. Scroll down it until you see something for Transmit. That's my best idea.

macsig

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 27, 2006
Marina del Rey, CA
Thanks both for your reply

Actually I'm looking for a FTP client that has synchronization feature and can create a report of the updated files. The report should be exported on PDF (but even HTML works for me).

Do you know a software with this requirements?

THANS AGAIN

macsig

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 27, 2006
Marina del Rey, CA
actually I could create a PDF through TextEdit.
Moreover I have found an other FTP client, NetFinder that creates directly a PDF report, I'm going to check it out now

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.