Reported that Iphone se runs hot

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by metsjetsfan, Mar 23, 2016.

1. metsjetsfan macrumors 65816

on macbreak weekly they said John Paczkowski noted that the se ran hot in his hand

Has anyone else heard this? Ipad 3 memories(which amounted to nothing except for a nice hand warmer) I guess the A9 doesnt like the reduced surface area

2. iBreatheApple macrumors 68020

iBreatheApple

Usually does upon setup for a day or so in my experience from alleged restoring, indexing, iCloud backup, library DL, et cetera.

3. Hal~9000 macrumors 68000

Hal~9000

Personally I've never had an iPhone that ran hot unless I was playing a really graphic intensive game. I have a lot of trust in Apples quality control which has been built up with me over many years and with many different products.

4. C DM macrumors Westmere

There always some people finding their device running hot at times here or there (especially after an update or adding new accounts or heavy and/or continuous use, depending on what's being used)--it really doesn't mean much in the sense of the product itself or any other of the millions upon millions of individual devices of that model. (At the very least not until quite a bit more actual observations are made and evidence is gathered.)

5. noanker macrumors member

noanker

My 5s ran warm the first day I had it and again it seems to run a little warm after each iOS update, if only for an hour or so. This could be due to indexing and synchronization with iCloud. Other than that, it runs cool most of the time.

I would think with the SE's smaller form factor would mean less space for heat dissipation. Apple could slow the proc's clock speed a tad to compensate for this or simply improve the efficiency of the heatsink.

6. jimbo1mcm macrumors 68000

7. Slimmyhendrix macrumors regular

My 5c ran hot almost all the time when constant use

8. HEK, Mar 23, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2016

HEK macrumors 68030

HEK

Dip in ice water, cools it right down

Oops don't forget to put in zip lock back first. Hope I didn't ruin anyone's phone.

9. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

Damn! You beat me to it!

10. HEK macrumors 68030

HEK

I always have cold hand and in winter just need something to keep hands warm in pockets. Do you think I could get deal buying two 5se at once. That way can keep both hands warm.

11. asleep macrumors 68040

asleep

You have to have expected this with the hot rod chip in the Camry body.

My iP6S runs hot sometimes, most often resolved by shutting down the Sleep Cycle app.

12. Laserducky macrumors regular

Laserducky

If you really wanted warm hands, you could buy an HTC One M9 : supposed to run nice and hot, powered by 'Octa-Core' technology !

Cheers !

13. willmtaylor, Mar 23, 2016

willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

I hate you both with the burning hot passion of a 1000 iPhone SE's.

14. HEK macrumors 68030

HEK

Mm mm nice eight times the heat.....octa-core for the heat you can really feel.

15. vcof2005 macrumors member

Give it a week, it'll run smooth and room temp.

16. Maven1975, Mar 23, 2016

Maven1975 macrumors 6502a

It can run warm as long as it does not thermal throttle!! Every other small, marketed as powerful alternative/bleeping Android phone I've tried did/does.

Not a blast to Android, just to those that produce the phones running it.