Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Acorn

macrumors 68030
Jan 2, 2009
macrumors
if he is a scammer he wont get very far. laptops and things worth alot like these are protected and the money will be withheld until the laptop is recieved or the buyer leaves feedback. so basically he will get a notice saying he recieved funds but they are withheld. so the scammer will likely never see it. even briefly.

angemon89

macrumors 68000
Feb 5, 2008
Northern CA
if he is a scammer he wont get very far. laptops and things worth alot like these are protected and the money will be withheld until the laptop is recieved or the buyer leaves feedback. so basically he will get a notice saying he recieved funds but they are withheld. so the scammer will likely never see it. even briefly.
What, are you sure about that? I sold my 15" MBP last April it sold for $1700 and there was no type of hold whatsoever...?

Anyway, yeah, it seems like a total scam.

apersianboyCOM

macrumors 6502
Dec 28, 2008
London, UK
what an idiot... someone asked him a question at the bottom of the page and he said its definitely glossy:

Q: hi, are you sure the screen is glossy?, it looks like the one you have on ur display pic is matte screen Apr-04-09
A: Yes, I'm sure the screen is glossy, it might just look matte because of the lighting and the way I took the pictures

SCAM!

MBAir

macrumors member
Original poster
May 12, 2008
Update: item has been removed.

I've saved someone out there from being scammed. I feel good!! :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.