Reporting errors in maps

virginblue4

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Apr 15, 2012
United Kingdom
In iOS 6 maps I know there is now an optiion to report errors. Could someone print screen what page comes up when it is clicked? iPhone and iPad screenshots would be nice :)

Thanks

virginblue4

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Apr 15, 2012
United Kingdom
Has anyone had any of their reports corrected since beta 1?

I don't think any of mine have.
Maybe they are focusing on new data first and will then sort out the reports in the future betas / golden master / of after final release?

Do you think this "Report a problem" will be a permanent feature or just there during the betas?

mrapplegate

macrumors 68030
Feb 26, 2011
Cincinnati, OH
Maybe they are focusing on new data first and will then sort out the reports in the future betas / golden master / of after final release?

Do you think this "Report a problem" will be a permanent feature or just there during the betas?
I would think it would be permanent. Most mapping systems have a way of reporting errors.

gmanist1000

macrumors 68030
Sep 22, 2009
Has anyone had any of their reports corrected since beta 1?

I don't think any of mine have.
None of my errors have been corrected... yet.

----------

I think it will be permanent. It's a great tool for millions and millions of people to report inaccurate locations, addresses, etc.

DaffyDuck

macrumors 6502
Jun 18, 2007
How do you report that the outline of something, say a lake shore, is wrong or that a small body of water is missing?

garbeth

macrumors regular
Apr 13, 2010
Brisvegas
Maps (streets particularly) change so often that Apple would be mad to remove this feature with the final release.