Reports Liam Tim Cook beats out Steve Jobs

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Mikes2pads, Apr 2, 2012.

1. Mikes2pads, Apr 2, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2012

Mikes2pads macrumors regular

In a popularity poll
    Maybe that's because he fits in better. Steve Jobs was a rare bird.
    He did not earn his tags For no reason. " Genius ". " modern day Edison "
    " Marketing phenom ". Jump wright in if ya got me. I'm just mentioning what my terrible memory recalls. Says it all though. Maybe I'm partial and uninformed but I see it's painfully too soon for such nonsense. Popularity ? This is Apple not VH1 corporate office. We need Steve Jobs but we can't have him so we have Tim Cook. Forget popularity. Jobs wanted the product popular. He did not care about division heads liking him as long as they produced they stayed . He was known to fire people on the morning elevator ride up to the top floor.
    Tim Cook is on the same plane as the employees. Most likely a very good CEO and an inspiring example of Apple generated know how but he is no Steve Jobs. I'm also embarrassed for Cook that a 7" mini iPad is in the works when Steve Jobs only recently stated he would not ever offer this device. " the nitch is not there "
    Btw , Steve Jobs did not care who liked him. He wanted things done his way and was known to cut throats to get things that way. He was not running a popularity contest . The man (May He RIP ) will be remembered 200 years from now when new millennium technology and cultural phenomanon is spoken of.
    I could go on. If Cook is running an attempt atpopularity in a successful company he should at least attempt it starting with his own company. See where that leaves him if " if " he ever gained the success Apple got from Jobs. Steve Jobs has inventions and innovation registered in our minds and hearts and with the Govt. what Apple employees consider friendly is not important to the consumer. Cook can never catch up to Steve Jobs Success and legend. Never. If Cook is a nice boss than that's good. I have no beef with Cook. I just think its insulting to Jobs family and friends to have such an article surface. Notice I am not mentioning the article of origin or where and who is responsible for it. It's easy enough to find if ya ever heard of google or bing.
    His first device to hit the bricks as multiple issues. Jobs at least seen to it that we purchased products that work. My ipad3 gets to hot and no wifi signal. QC is a reflection on management. This heat and wifi issue would not have been missed. Ok the iPhone antena issues were on Jobs's watch but nobody is perfect.
    Cook might win popularity contests with employees but ask the world who they wish was running Apple. As you can see its a touchy subject for me because it's not what counts. The man just died 2 months ago or so.
    The *******s that put this bs out are idiots. If Cook is popular with underlings at Apple then I'm glad for whatever good effect that has on the benefit of the consumer but geez , why drag Steve Jobs into this at this point in time. Everyone at Apple knew they. Had a target on their back as they who survived there thrived. They also got to witness history. When Cook makes history and becomes a legend in his own life time I will bow with apology for stating he is just minding someone else's store who will not be back. The stock holder wants success , not popularity with underlings. Please excuse the lack of writing skills and frequent redundancies.

STEVE JOBS. . . Feb 1955 to Oct 2011

2. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-