Repurchasing unbackedup apps that were once free

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by madamdepomp, Aug 21, 2010.

1. madamdepomp macrumors newbie

My iPod Touch has been failing to sync/back up recently, and I approved the new OS update on reflex. Now a third of my apps are gone! I have been able to reinstall the ones I have purchased without having to pay again, but here lies the problem. There are several apps I purchased for free on sale, but now they are paid apps (and expensive ones at that!). Do I have to purchase these apps in their full amount after already downloading them (albeit for free?)

2. tadad1 macrumors 6502a

tadad1

You can still re-download them without charge even if they were free at the time you downloaded them.

3. EllieV macrumors 6502

I'm sorry, but is it just me, or did that not make sense? Can you explain what you mean?

4. nexus14 macrumors member

it's just you.

imagine you bought a game that was free a year ago.
    now that game costs money.
    if you were to download that game again, it should still be free

5. EllieV macrumors 6502

But you like go to the app store and it says $2.99 and you purchase it, how is that free?

6. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

When you click on the "Buy" button, it'll tell you that you've already purchased it and allow you to download it for free.

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht2519

7. EllieV macrumors 6502

Oh coool thank you. Does it tell by your apple id or the device, or the iTunes it's synced with?

8. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

You just have to be signed in with the same iTunes Store account you originally purchased/downloaded it with.