repurpose old 20 inch 2007 iMac..

Discussion in 'iMac' started by rchamb, Jan 2, 2014.

1. rchamb macrumors newbie

I have an old 20 inch imac core 2 duo with dedicated graphics and 4 gig of ram..

my youngest was using it as his pc but he just got a new Lenovo laptop for gaming.. now trying to think of what to do with the old iMac..

I'm sure folks have many creative ideas.. right now it serves as a 20 inch Netflix/ Amazon prime/ HBO viewing machine.. and par time minecraft server... wondering if folks had any other ideas..

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

They make great light/medium duty computers. They have enough power and a nice screen for watching HD media with and are very quite. You state that it's already being used as that. Maybe you should continue to use it in that purpose with the addition of it being a backup computer. They still have a few years left in them being that they can run 10.9 without any problems.

3. iPhilPHX macrumors regular

iPhilPHX

Mine is only just now starting to show it's age. A lot of that may have to do with my comparing it to the speed of my new MacBook Pro, but it is still quite serviceable. I'd love to get an newer 27" model but now, having the laptop, I see no need for a new desktop until the iMac dies, and maybe not even then.