Reputable Apple News Sites

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Traverse, May 15, 2013.

1. Traverse macrumors 603

Traverse

Hi everyone, I was hoping you could help me. I need to get a list of some reputable news sites for Apple related info. Sites are a dime a dozen, bit how many trustworthy. I know of:

9 to 5 Mac
    AppAdvise?????
    AppleInsider
    AppStorm
    CultOfMac
    iLounge
    iMore
    Daring Fireball
    Macworld
    Macrumors :)
    OSX Daily
    TUAW???

Are these good sites' especially the ones with a "?" ? Are there any others?
    If you download news apps like MacHash they have an extensive list, but I don't know which ones to trust.
    Thanks for your help!

Traverse

2. CaptHenryMorgan, May 15, 2013
    Last edited: May 15, 2013

CaptHenryMorgan macrumors regular

MacRumors used to be the bees' knees. But now it just regurgitates everything it reads on 9to5Mac.com. It's shown to have no real sources anymore. AppleInsider used to be a close second. You can also check out loopinsight.com if you want REAL confirmation on select rumors. iMore is also very solid. Gruber's DaringFireball is more commentary than confirmation, but decent speculation from time to time. Again, MacRumors is more of an aggregater these days.

Your best bet for up-to-date info is 9to5. All in all, rumors just aren't what they used to be. Everyone gets the same info from suppliers, so we all know hardware specs, design, size, etc well before announcement. It's not nearly as exciting as it was pre-2008.

3. the8thark macrumors 68040

the8thark

I have to agree. Most rumour sites these days are the same things regurgitated from whoever broke the rumour first. Most times without any credible sources. So just pick your favourite rumour site and read it. They all have the same content. Within a day or so.

4. Traverse thread starter macrumors 603

Traverse

Thanks guys! Usually people don't respond to my posts..:(

I agree with you, news seems to be recycled, I just wanted some thoughts. I will just my favorites few and use those. Thanks again!