Reputable place to repair 3GS?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Imola Ghost, Jun 17, 2010.

1. Imola Ghost macrumors 65816

I have a 4 month old iPhone 3GS and got a little water in the docking port and earphone port. Is there a place that repairs this type of mishap?

The phone is in immaculate condition and was going to sell it because I ordered a new iPhone 4 but I don't/can't sell it in this condition.

There seems to be no problem with the phone other than it won't charge with 2 of my wall chargers but will charge with my car charger & a wall charger at my shop. It's very weird how it will charge with one charger but not another.

Any ways I'd like to get this phone repair back to refurbished as possible with no signs of any water.

Ideas?

2. asavage macrumors newbie

asavage

Good Place to Repair iPhone

I dropped my iPhone recently as well, I just googled iphone repair and found the most reputable company. Hope this helps!!

3. chargit macrumors 6502a

chargit

what makes you think they are the most reputable company??? oh I know that is your company. the dead give away is you just joined and now you know it all......well there at tons of reputable companies out there.

OP I would suggest you google an iPhone Repair shop in your local area. then call the BBB and see if there are any complaints on them. then make sure they are using genuine apple parts for the repairs. if they truly are using genuine apple parts (and not parts off ebay, amazon, or some of the companies on this site) then they wont mind proving to you they are genuine.

good luck!

4. DEE9299 macrumors 6502a

DEE9299

5. chargit macrumors 6502a

chargit

silly rabbit I was talking about me not you Derek!! :D

6. Imola Ghost thread starter macrumors 65816

LOL, I googled the name in your sig. He did speak highly of you.

7. chargit macrumors 6502a

chargit

ya but he is short and his momma dresses him funny! oh and he spells iPhones with a "Z" iFixiPhonez.... lol

but really he does good work. he lives in Boston but he wont send you a lobster even if you beg him!!