reputable source for Adobe CS3 ?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by 4now, Jun 5, 2008.

1. 4now macrumors regular

I was referred to this site by a friend.
    The Adobe cs3 products are almost half price. Does anyone know if this is a reputable online source.

http://webcommunitysoftware.com/

Or is there a catch ??

2. jb60606 macrumors 6502a

3. Rhosfelt macrumors 65816

Rhosfelt

never heard of them, so do what I did with a couple small companies, order something small you need off of them, and if they come through okay, then order the CS3 suite. :)

4. 4now thread starter macrumors regular

My friend has bought from them

It is put onto a burned disc - in a basic DVD case
    Obviously not original labels or packaging
    Serial number is on a sticker

what do you think about this

5. matperk macrumors 6502

Sounds pretty shady.

6. floyde macrumors 6502a

floyde

If I were Adobe I definitely wouldn't want my software to be distributed in such a way. It is most likely illegal.

7. Rhosfelt macrumors 65816

Rhosfelt

Agreed, and you probably shouldn't buy from them just in case. I'd look for a discount on some other site. Coupons etc... I just got an email about CS3.3 coming out, and I think we're going to have to pa for it :eek: I'd wait for that.

8. jb60606 macrumors 6502a

not shady - illegal.

9. MoWheels macrumors newbie

Run, don't walk, away from this "deal"....

Here's an excerpt from another post I made about my "deal" on CS3:
    -------------------------------------
    As an aside, I just learned the hard way to beware of eBay Photoshop deals that are "too good". Last summer I bought a package with a virgin copy of CS and a sealed box CS3 Upgrade for my PC. The CS disc came with no box or manual. I paid about half the retail price for CS3. eBay seller had rave reviews. Everything installed fine and activation and registration went smoothly with Adobe's server. I've been a happy camper for the last 10 months. Today I called Adobe to cross-grade my copy of Photoshop CS3 from PC platform to Mac. They asked my CS3 serial which rightly showed it was an upgrade version. They then asked for my original product serial, which I provided from the CS disc. To my sad surprise, the CS disc was counterfeit with a bogus serial. Even though their server activated my CS3 it turns out now that I don't have a legitimate version and obviously can't cross-grade it to Mac. They of course offered to sell me the full version for the Mac. I almost went ahead and ordered, but decided to see if I had any other options. I checked eBay for the seller I bought from and found he disappeared last September with several folks complaining of being ripped off. That's my only bad eBay experience.
    To my pleasant surprise though, I was rummaging through offers that came with my new Wacom tablet I bought a few weeks ago and found it was bundled with PC and Mac versions of Photoshop Elements, which can be upgraded to CS3 with a discount. Looks like I'll go this route.