Request for ad-hoc app for enabling emoji

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by sallythemac, Jan 31, 2009.

1. sallythemac Guest

Hi

I have read on another thread that apps that enable emoji on non-Japanese iPhones is all down to a small line of code. I am not a developer, so cannot make an app for myself. But I was wondering if any kind developer out there would be interested in making a shell of an app with the code included and sharing it via ad-hoc?

Thanks in advance

James

2. Luap macrumors 65816

Luap

I wondered about this too. But given that Apple takes so long to authorise apps for the store, it wouldn't surprise me if there was already at least a couple of apps that do this in the Q already. Having said that, im not sure Apple would allow it, for various reasons..

If you can stomach 59p.... Then "FrostyPlace" will do it for you. There will be an update for it any day now that will allow it work correctly with Firmware 2.2.1: But if you didn't update to 2.2.1 then the current offering will work fine (Plus you can update to 2.2.1 afterwards once Emoji is enabled and they will still work)

3. sallythemac thread starter Guest

Got Frostyplace when it was free, but i had already updated to 2.2.1 so no joy. Apple take donkeys to authorise apps.

Wouldn't allow what? And ad-hoc app just for emoji? They wouldn't have a choice, that's the whole point of ad-hoc. It doesn't go through the app store.

4. Luap macrumors 65816

Luap

Ooops, yes. Sorry, I misunderstood for a moment about the ad-hoc thing.

Im in the same boat btw.. I got Frostyplace when it was free, but had already updated to 2.2.1
    Im not especially in a rush for emoji however, so i'll wait for the update.

5. fleabag323 macrumors newbie

I got the FrostyPlace app when it was free:) and didn't download 2.2.1 yet for that specific purpose so now I have the joy of Emoji! :D

6. sallythemac thread starter Guest

Looks like talk of an update to work with 2.2.1 has been removed from the app store. Think it's been rejected by apple?

Still no kind souls out there that can knock an app together!?