Request for Admin UID/PW Immediately After Login?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by JimAtLaw, Nov 25, 2009.

1. JimAtLaw macrumors 6502

I just logged in to my system after restarting and immediately, before opening anything (other than Finder), was presented with a request for admin credentials, I think saying something about a change to my login preferences, which didn't make a lot of sense to me.

Any idea what would cause this, or how to make sense of the logs to see what exactly prompted it?

I installed Flash and Adium on this new machine this morning - would this have anything to do with it? I'm unaccustomed to getting the security prompt at unexpected times and now very nervous.

2. JimAtLaw thread starter macrumors 6502

To add a little more detail, I was rooting around in the logs and found the following interesting entries:

Nov 25 17:14:05 X-iMac com.apple.SecurityServer25: UID 503 authenticated as user XXX (UID 501) for right 'system.preferences'
    Nov 25 17:14:05 X-iMac com.apple.SecurityServer25: Succeeded authorizing right 'system.preferences' by client '/System/Library/Frameworks/SystemConfiguration.framework/Versions/A/Resources/SCHelper' for authorization created by '/System/Library/CoreServices/loginwindow.app'

Any idea why the login window app would be changing my system preferences immediately after login?