Request for help

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Obuggy, Feb 21, 2011.

1. Obuggy macrumors newbie

My extended warranty is over a few weeks back, but I've done something an hour ago that I don't know how to fix.

I am big on accidentally "poofing" things such as photos and category markers. Not sure how many I have "poofed" now, but it's usually photos, which I find in the trash, or often the dock icons, which I can re-drag.

This evening I was trying to upload photos to complete LinkedIn portfolio. I had the file extension open, to find photo on my computer to upload, when I accidentally 2x "poofed" the actual "categories". The first time I'm not sure what I poofed, it was either something from my desktop, or a category in media. The second time I saw it happen. It was the "search for yesterday" indicator...you know where it says, search for today, search for yesterday, search last week? Am I making any sense? I'm so not a tekkie.

I looked in trash, nothing there. Can't find in system prefs. Where do I find what I am missing...so that when I go to upload things, I have the path??????
    Help!

2. Obuggy thread starter macrumors newbie

3. Gregg2 macrumors 603

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios