Request for new feature: Iphone sounds indicating it is backing up

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by branjosef, Feb 23, 2009.

1. branjosef macrumors 6502a

branjosef

So I thought it would be really cool if when you are backing up your iphone is would make the sound "BEEP BEEP BEEP" like garbage trucks or Utility Vans, because you don't want to hit anything. :D

I knew this friend of a friend who knew this other friend of a friend who claimed to be related to but not actually related to a member of this organization back in college that use to deliver but not hand deliver items to a business that was frequented but not too frequently by a man who claimed to work for this guy who use to know Steve Jobs but not in a professional sense but rather through a person he met on E-harmony (you know six degrees of seperation- think Kevin Bacon) who thought that Steve might actually be interested in this sort of thing but not at the level of full committment requiring allocation of resources from the iphone nano development team but rather a 69.345% level of committment like the one he gave to the girl he agreed to go to prom with in high school after he noticed the fact she had a lazy lip thereby allowing drool and saliva to coalesce in an unflattering location. Needless to say he took Woz instead.

Anyways, I just thought I would propose a new feature request because with all the cool technology incorporated into the Iphone like Copy and Paste (oh sorry- forgot), Removable Storage (Oh sorry- forgot about that too), reliable 3G high speed internet access (oops-my bad- ATT Duh??), Flash (umm -forget I said that), MMS (Dammit!) and a high quality camera with video recording (I really need to pay more attention to detail) that the phone could easily incorporate such a feature.

Huh? Well at least it has a removable battery and an open platform allowing for revolutionary advances in software applications utilizing the latest in multi-touch technology ...oops!! :eek:

Hmmm ....Nevermind.

Attached Files:

2. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

I thought this was dumb, because I thought you meant a sound for when iTunes is backing up the data from your iPhone.

"That's stupid," I thought when I read the title.

But now I see you meant something entirely different, so I appologize for thinking that!

3. MacToddB macrumors 6502a

MacToddB

Our app, 100sounds (which actually has HUNDREDS of sounds), has "Reverse" which is exactly that sound. It's one of the sounds a user requested, so we added it. You can LOOP it, DELAY it, or have it play when you shake the phone.

4. branjosef thread starter macrumors 6502a

branjosef

That is soooo awesome. I will have to look into that app. I was once in a checkout line and this rather large "prone to obesity" portly woman had a beeper go off and I totally freaked. I shouted "Look out!!!....She's about to back up!!!" Boy did I feel like an idiot. :rolleyes:

5. MacToddB macrumors 6502a

MacToddB

That happened to my wife!

No, she's skinny!

But she was in a grocery store and someone said that, about someone else! For real! I wonder? You in the upstate NY area? [edit - I see you're in Chicago, so maybe it happens a lot!]

6. branjosef thread starter macrumors 6502a

branjosef

HA!!! That's so funny. I wish I was in upstate NY now, but no I did it that in Chicago. Another thing I did once was sit in a stall with a chocolate Hershey bar and waited for someone to sit in the adjacent stall. I rubbed the candy bar all over my hands and then stuck them under the dividing wall and asked if they had any toilet paper. AH HAAAAAA!!! :D Good thing it wasn't Larry Craig next to me with his wide stance :eek:

7. Sirobin macrumors 6502

Sirobin

What...the...hell is going on in this thread...:eek::confused::confused::confused:

8. MacToddB macrumors 6502a

MacToddB

Well, you sound like a prime candidate for our app! You could use all kinds of sounds for such practical jokes! Of course there are fart sounds, and burp sounds, and the truck backing up, etc. Let me know if you want a promo code. Just videotape your next practical joke that uses 100sounds so you can get a $10 iTunes giftcard!

9. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

So this was just a long winded version of yet another "why doesnt the iphone have this" whine thread???

10. branjosef thread starter macrumors 6502a

branjosef

Noooooo! :rolleyes: I don't see any whining. All I see is a request for a feature with minimal reference to Kevin Bacon.

How is connecticut treating you, I heard the ladies up there are P-H-A-T!!!.

By the way, do you own a yacht? :p

Attached Files: