*Request for Sticky* How to do a clean install of OSX/Format HD

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by session101, Sep 24, 2011.

1. session101 macrumors regular

here is a good instructional video of how to do a clean install of any OSX including also how to format your HD when booting off disk/flash drive

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhLUcng-kog&feature=related

Request: Can this be made a sticky? this question is asked sooooooooooooo many times and here is a one stop click that will help those that ask before searching

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Sadly, people don't look at stickies any more than they search. There are dozens of threads on clean installs, but people keep starting new threads on it, just like every other topic.

3. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Of all the topics that could be made into stickies, I'd say making a clean install is in the low priority range. Battery life, antivirus, and Macbook Pro heat are abused much more often.

4. session101 thread starter macrumors regular

i think you are mistaken...

first....this is the Macbook section not the Macbook pro section

second.....each battery problem is different because you can follow all of the steps we give you and still be not satistifed, but for those we tell to format the HD and do a clean install if they are having HD issues or just recieved their macbook for the first time, we now have a place to refer them to

plus we can make a sticky about the macbook fans also

5. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Haha. Maybe they're worded differently, but probably 9/10 battery threads are exactly the same. Since you've only been a member since August your sample set is too small to notice.

6. old-wiz macrumors G3

Plus "When will the new iPhone be released" , "What are some good apps for Mac", "When is the new Mac going to be released", etc