Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iOSUser7

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 23, 2014
Hi everyone,
I would like to know if somebody running iOS 7.0.x could extract from their iOS device the icons of Messages, Phone and FaceTime and upload them for me. It would be very nice, I'm really disappointed about that icons changes (darker) Apple made on iOS 7.1
Thank you very much.

iOSUser7

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 23, 2014
Thanks but do you have higher resolution ? I want the original resolution so I can replace 7.1 icons with these. You can extract them directly from your iOS device with iFunbox but I guess you already knew that lol. :D

iOSUser7

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 23, 2014
Oh, alright thanks then I was hoping you could found them in better resolution and rounded icons but thanks anyway.
Now I'm wondering where these icons are stored into iOS system ? Or maybe iOS automatically resize and round them ?

aPple nErd

macrumors 68030
Feb 12, 2012
Jailbreaks/IOS Hacks
Oh, alright thanks then I was hoping you could found them in better resolution and rounded icons but thanks anyway.
Now I'm wondering where these icons are stored into iOS system ? Or maybe iOS automatically resize and round them ?

well, i think you can use codethemed to make a theme with just these icons. not sure if it would be iOS 6 shape or iOS 7 shape though. very strange that they are square...

iOSUser7

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 23, 2014
Alright thanks I will try this later can't have access to my computer now. I will tell you the result with codethemed. :)

iOSUser7

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 23, 2014
Sorr for the double post, I dont have access to my computer but I installed iFile to explore my iPhone. It looks like the icons your uploaded are fine, I got the same squared icons on my device so I believe iOS resize them correctly. Look :

1403581848-image.jpg

But I also noticed that there is more icons that are smaller resolutions, look :

1403582003-image.jpg

I would like you upload all the pngs of each apps for me into a rar or zip whatever. Thank you very much for helping me and sorry for all these requests.

EDIT : Oh and btw no need to decrypt the PNGs when you extract them. :D

Last edited:

iOSUser7

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 23, 2014
Awesome, thank you so much.
I have one more last question (I guess lol), should I directly replace my icons with yours or I need to re-encrypt them in iOS format ? If so how can I do that ?

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
Awesome, thank you so much.
I have one more last question (I guess lol), should I directly replace my icons with yours or I need to re-encrypt them in iOS format ? If so how can I do that ?

they're not encrypted, just optimized

Replacing the icons directly will work perfectly fine; I believe winterboard has an optimizing feature (although I have never used it before)

iOSUser7

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 23, 2014
aPple nErd : Just amazing, you finally made my dream come true !!! Thank you soooo much dude ! ;)

dkkUqbh.png

Though, I noticed the icons in the Settings apps remains 7.1 ones. Any idea where they could be located on the iPhone files system ?

8W3JzcN.png

darricksailo : Ah k, I understand now.

EDIT : Sorry for big size btw, dunno how to resize. :D

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
aPple nErd : Just amazing, you finally made my dream come true !!! Thank you soooo much dude ! ;)

Though, I noticed the icons in the Settings apps remains 7.1 ones. Any idea where they could be located on the iPhone files system ?

I never figured out where the icons inside settings draw their image from despite changing out all the different resolution files inside the settings folder

the only way that I found that it could be done was through winterboard (although this was in iOS 6.x, I don't think it should've changed too much in iOS 7)

if you find out, it would be great to let us know

iOSUser7

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 23, 2014
Yeah sure I'll try to find them.

EDIT : I found. It's located in Preferences.app

v0mKKqx.jpg

qJx0KlP.jpg

However, I can't found the messages and phone icons but there is iTunes, app store, contacts and more in there.

Last edited:

HankHowdy

macrumors 68040
Dec 2, 2012
Victorville CA

I am attempting to do the same thing, but I cannot get the phone app icon to change. What was the exact icon file name that you used?

iOSUser7

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 23, 2014
There is more than one phone icon in the MobilePhone.app folder. Just save the ones applenerd uploaded and you'll see that they are renamed with a name that is close to the original one.
For example FaceTime@~~2x will be named Facetime2x.

HankHowdy

macrumors 68040
Dec 2, 2012
Victorville CA
Request iOS 7.0 icons

There is more than one phone icon in the MobilePhone.app folder. Just save the ones applenerd uploaded and you'll see that they are renamed with a name that is close to the original one.

For example FaceTime@~~2x will be named Facetime2x.

That didn't work for me. The closest thing I saw was icon@2x.png.

----------

I don't think it changed, you?
suduparu.jpg

Messages is changed.

Last edited:

iOSUser7

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 23, 2014
I'm not sure we are each unterstanding here aha. :p
Have you seen that there was three differents icons of phone ?
And for the pic, yep Message app is 7.0 but Phone is still 7.1 :(

HankHowdy

macrumors 68040
Dec 2, 2012
Victorville CA
I'm not sure we are each unterstanding here aha. :p

Have you seen that there was three differents icons of phone ?

And for the pic, yep Message app is 7.0 but Phone is still 7.1 :(

I saw there was. Which one is for the home screen? That's all I need to know.

I renamed one for the messages icon to work.

iOSUser7

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 23, 2014
I don't know which one is used for homescreen, I just replaced all the three icons with 7.0 ones.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.