Request Mic Feedback - TouchMic MityMic

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by KnightGunner, Apr 15, 2009.

1. KnightGunner macrumors newbie

I need a good mic for recording interviews and lectures. I do not need and won't be wearing headphones so those types of mics are no use for my situation. I came across a company www.touchmic.com that sells a microphone that appears to be exactly what I need call the "TouchMic MityMic".

Does anyone have one of these or can offer any PRO's and CON's on this mic? It is for my iPod Touch 2G. I don't like to buy anything without hearing or reading some reviews about it and I can not find any on this particular mic.

I would also like to use it with Shazam but that is secondary. I really really need a GREAT mic for work purposes. Thanks everyone.

2. Ras-x macrumors newbie

The (Mighty) MityMic

OK, I had need for a quality microphone. I do interviews in peoples homes (as well as a studio) for a weekly radio program. The studio is fine, but lugging stands, mics and a MD recorder around was tedious. I had the latest iPod Touch, but could not find a decent microphone, and I tried many, until I found MityMic.

This really does the job, but I am using it within 2 meters (6 foot). I think for auditoriums it would be no worse than any standard microphone, as long as you can cope with the natural reverb of the room it would be ok.

It's certainly not as cheap as some, but then again, you get what you pay for. :)