Request Mini-DisplayPort to DisplayPort Adapter from Apple

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Val-kyrie, Oct 16, 2008.

1. Val-kyrie macrumors 65816

I would like to encourage anyone interested in connecting the MB via the mini-DisplayPort to the increasing number of new monitors with the standard DisplayPort input to request that Apple manufacture a mini-DisplayPort to DisplayPort adapter. Since Apple decided to miniaturize a standard port, it would be nice if they would help us out in connecting it to the standard port.

Please follow this link and request the adapter.

Thanks.

Val-kyrie

2. AndrewLang macrumors newbie

This is a great idea, hopefully Apple does make this adapter soon to support the need to connect the new Macbooks and Macbook Air's to non-Mac products.

In the meantime my company has decided to go ahead and create such an adapter while Apple catches up. I hope to have it available as soon as possible within the 10-15 dollar price range. If you want more info on availability or images, check out our blog: http://estore.circuitassembly.com/catalog/blog/?p=50

3. Mako5 macrumors regular

Mako5

Done

Done

"Please release a mini DisplayPort to standard DisplayPort adapter. Several companies are releasing monitors that have standard DisplayPort connections. While it may be attractive for Apple to try to get us to buy a Apple Display, our workplace controls those decisions. It is also a additional profitable business opportunity with minimal additional work/investment. Please consider."