Request option to toggle camera filters on/off

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by applhipstr, Sep 16, 2013.

1. applhipstr macrumors member

Just like we are able to chose of we want to keep HDR normal photos, why don't we have the option to go into Settings to enable or disable camera filters.

I think the camera filters add bulk to the camera app, and I don't want that added feature. I would like to disable it.

2. imaginex20 macrumors 65816

imaginex20

Then set the filter to None and never click on it? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

3. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

4. applhipstr thread starter macrumors member

But they still show up though. I'd rather not have all that running in the background while I'm trying to take a quick picture. It just increases loading times.

Also, I filter them after. Not during. There are so many other apps for that.

5. imaginex20 macrumors 65816

imaginex20

if you set it to "None" nothing is running. Not sure if serious or not...

6. TrenttonY macrumors 6502a

When you take a photo with a effect does it save it without the effect and one with the effect?

7. applhipstr thread starter macrumors member

It's still in the background though. I don't like that.

8. pk7, Sep 16, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2013

pk7 macrumors 6502

The camera on my iPhone 4S and my dad's iPhone 5 opens faster than it did on iOS 6.

I highly doubt they are taking up much resources (if any) until you actually push the button and select a filter and even then, the effect is negligible and unnoticeable. You are worrying about nothing.

9. jtfolden macrumors 6502

jtfolden

I don't think you understand how it works. Setting it to NONE is the same exact thing as this nebulous feature you want to disable it. NONE = disabled. There's nothing running in the background at all...

What you're saying is the equivalent of wishing you could disable the "Bold" button in a text editor because it's running in the background.

10. applhipstr thread starter macrumors member

Well i know when I open Instagram all those filters bog down the app. So you have to pause before actually taking a picture. And even sitting down waiting at some points.

11. jtfolden macrumors 6502

jtfolden

If you have a problem with Instagram then that's entirely unrelated to this situation. None means it's disabled. It's not doing anything in the background until you actively use it.

12. marksman macrumors 603

marksman

No it isn't. I don't think you understand how filters work or software for that matter.

13. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

again, actually use the camera app before speaking...

14. nheilweil macrumors 6502a

nheilweil

Camera app is super fast now on my 5 running the GM. Not only does it load faster but it's way faster taking pictures, filters or not. A photo used to be taken when the button was released (which added additional delay) and is now taken as soon as the button is pressed.

As a matter of fact, taking a pic is so fast that when I first started using the iOS 7 with my phone on mute, I wasn't sure if I had actually taken the photo so I'd take an extra one!

Definitely makes me question whether the OP has used the new app or is just complaining about a general lack of flexibility which frustrates them.

Finally, there's no shortage of awesome camera app replacements (like Camera Awesome) so if you don't dig it, grab something else!